CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After upgrading to Mojave many of the apps downloaded from the App Store pop a console which states that the app is verifying and then I get an error saying that the app is damaged and can't be opened, instructed to delete and redownload. Suffice to say -- deleting and reinstalling the app does not solve the problem. Not a Mojave issue as the devs have updated to support already.

Apps I've tested this on include
- Divvy (Screen splitting)
- MacFamilyTree 8
- Mail Designer 365
- Live Home 3D Pro

Other apps have no issue opening right up (Screenshot Plus, Pixelmator Pro, TextWrangler, Deliveries, to name a few.)

Apps not downloaded from the App Store are completely unaffected by this issue which leads me to believe it may be an issue with licensing/provisioning. Tried signing out of iCloud to no avail.

After upgrading to Mojave many of the apps downloaded from the App Store pop a console which states that the app is verifying and then I get an error saying that the app is damaged and can't be opened, instructed to delete and redownload. Suffice to say -- deleting and reinstalling the app does not solve the problem. Not a Mojave issue as the devs have updated to support already.
Enable the "App Store and identified developers" option in Gatekeeper
System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers

Enable the "Allow from Anywhere" option in Gatekeeper
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable

Enable the "Allow from Anywhere" option in Gatekeeper
In Terminal:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable

Forgot to mention that I already tried this, restarted and still no dice on the apps.

I get two notifications simultaneously (Screenshot included)

Attachments

• screenshot-5.png
    screenshot-5.png
    606.1 KB · Views: 553
I have the same issue. Some of the apps works, others won't open. They were all from the app store. Waiting for a fix....

Forgot to mention that I already tried this, restarted and still no dice on the apps.
I have the same issue. Some of the apps works, others won't open.
Same issue here too, FYI
The problem may be that the failing app makes use of one of your hardware or software components that is now protected by Mojave’s privacy system. You may be able to correct the issue by adding the app in the Security & Privacy preference pane.

The problem may be that the failing app makes use of one of your hardware or software components that is now protected by Mojave’s privacy system. You may be able to correct the issue by adding the app in the Security & Privacy preference pane.

In my case the app is Magnet and it was already in the list of apps. Good idea though.

In my case the app is Magnet and it was already in the list of apps. Good idea though.
See http://magnet.crowdcafe.com/faq.html

Window snapping is not working after update to OS X 10.14 Mojave.
How can I fix that?

Some Mojave installations are experiencing issues with accessibility functions. You can fix that by following this procedure:
  1. Quit Magnet.
  2. Go to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Acccessibility
  3. In the list Allow the apps below to control your computer, highlight Magnet and remove it using the – (minus) button.
  4. Use the + button to add Magnet again to the list.
  5. Launch Magnet.

I have a similar issue. Some of the App Store apps will not launch. Downloaded software like MS Office Apps work fine. I don't get the error message on the App Store apps. All I get is a cycle of the app appearing in the dock and disappearing over and over again. I have to restart to end the cycle.

This screenshot is sometimes popping up first, but not every time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 12.00.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 12.00.04 PM.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I am having the same issue here. Some apps downloaded from App Store will not open. Fantastical, Snippets Lab, Notability, Daisy Disk and Magnet aren't opening for me. All of these apps work well on my macbook pro.

Edit: Solved by following the "Idiot's guide to iMessage" instructions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back