Contribute
Register

Apogee Maestro / Duet2 not working on Sierra Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I just made my first Hackintosh. Basically I started with El Capitan because I used a Apogee Duet 1 for years and I've seen that the support expired with the start of Sierra. A few days later my Duet 1 broke and I decided to buy the Duet 2. I was surprised how fast it worked with my Hackintosh El Capitan. But I thought it would probably be better to make an update to Sierra now before I spend to much time configuring my El Capitan.

So.. the Sierra installation went pretty well. But now I have a big problem. It is not possible to get my Duet 2 working.
I installed the driver (June 2015) but I receive this message afterwards (Picture 1)

When I click OK it comes back within 5 seconds.. My Duet shows the Apogee sign "A" on the Screen. I reinstalled it but always the same problem. When I click on my audio settings nothing appears (Picture 2)..

So, I uninstalled Apogee Maestro and not at least the Duet USB is appearing at my Audio Output and it works.. so I hear sound.. but the Apogee Duet 2 screen on the hardware is still not working (just the Apogee A is there).

Does somebody know what is going on here?
I've read a ton of posts but I can not figure it out by myself :(

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-21 um 12.06.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-21 um 12.06.30.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 824
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-21 um 12.07.07.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-21 um 12.07.07.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 623
Motherboard
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Elitepirat, I'm having the same exact problem :( , tried everything and still using the same way as you, without drivers, But I can't record or anything just listen.

Tried with a powered usb HUB and with the power supply plugged but same …

Have you found any solution?

Apogee drivers always sucked, hackintosh or not hackintosh , If I can't fix it I guess I'll move to Antelope

drivers-duet.png

Do you guys know if there's a way to get the Apogee One to work on hackintosh as well? I can't seem to find anything...

CPU
Intel Xeon X5550 @2,67Ghz
Graphics
XFX Radeon 6870 1Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread has been dead for quite some time, but I really want to know if someone does have a working Apogee Duet 2 on Hackintosh? Maybe even working on High Sierra?

This thread has been dead for quite some time, but I really want to know if someone does have a working Apogee Duet 2 on Hackintosh? Maybe even working on High Sierra?

High Sierra here, Apogee Duet 2 stopped working since the upgrade.. don't know what to do.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aeorus Gaming 5
CPU
Intel I5 8600k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080
H
High Sierra here, Apogee Duet 2 stopped working since the upgrade.. don't know what to do.
i there, I have a duet 2 and just built a high sierra hackintosh...installed the duet 2 firmware restarted and now the hackintosh just gets to desktop and freezes and I can't do anything. You saying Duet 2 won't work at all with a high sierra hackintosh?? flip. I might need to look into changing interfaces then??

H

i there, I have a duet 2 and just built a high sierra hackintosh...installed the duet 2 firmware restarted and now the hackintosh just gets to desktop and freezes and I can't do anything. You saying Duet 2 won't work at all with a high sierra hackintosh?? flip. I might need to look into changing interfaces then??

hi! well, today i downloaded the last firmware and got it to work. they have a "new" firmware i was not aware of.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aeorus Gaming 5
CPU
Intel I5 8600k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080
hi! well, today i downloaded the last firmware and got it to work. they have a "new" firmware i was not aware of.
Oh man, which firmware is it? you have a link to the download? the one i downloaded literally seems to have stuffed my whole hackintosh and I think I need to reinstall it

Status
Not open for further replies.