Contribute
Register

Apogee Duet 2 USB issues - grey 'A' when installing (z68 ud3h b3 F12 ML 10.8.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Apogee Duet 2 issues - grey 'A' after installing, crashes, beach ball and no recognition (z68 ud3h b3 F12 ML 10.8.3)

Hi guys,

Apologies for copying this thread, but I'm getting replies in the music sub forum. Apogee support say they cant help me because Im using a hackintosh, so any help would be great!

I'm having trouble with my new Duet 2, connecting via USB 2.0 directly to my z68-ud3h-b3 via the back panel. Once I have installed the software and updated firmware, the Apogee loads up but within a few seconds goes to the grey 'A' screen and I can no longer use it. In my sound preferences it shows as 'unknown USB' and causes my computer to become slow and at times unresponsive whenever I try to access system preferences, or play any application which involves audio.
Maestro 2 crashes and just bounces up and down on the dock and never opens.

This is what Console reports as the Duet 2 stops working:

03/04/2013 18:49:02.000 kernel[0]: USBF: 42.160 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801fa47000]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0x1a, timing out! (Addr: 4, EP: 0)

When I dont have the software installed I can use the Duet 2 even though the grey 'A' is showing, as a playback device and can change the sample rates via 'audio midi setup'. However, for obvious reasons this is not good enough as I cannot record with it or change the input levels or anything else. It does suggest it is a software issue and nothing is wrong with the USB ports on my computer.

I have re installed the software multiple times, tried all USB ports,
un installed all other sound cards, re installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3, amongst other things, and I am at my wits end.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? Can I buy an external USB which solve the problem?

From Multi beast I have installed:

DSDT nstallation

Audio->REALTEK ALC 8xx (889 with DSDT)

Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
-> 3rd Party eSATA
-> Trim enabler

Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC plugins

- > USB 3.0 - 3rd party -> CALDIGIT

Network -> REALTEK - APPLE RTL8169

SSDT -> sandy bridge core i7

I am using the imac 12,2 system definition, however I have also used mac pro 3,1 with the same result. Ive attached a system report of my computer, and a crash report of Maestro 2 becoming unresponsive. Ive also attached a screen shot of a console report, when the Duet 2 stops working.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as I dont want to have to sell the Duet 2.

thanks.

Attachments

• Nik Wolf.zip
    242.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 19.19.05.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 19.19.05.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 410
  • Maestro 2 crash.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Console report.png
    Console report.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 123
Just thought I should let people know that I found solution. I bought a USB 2.0 hub and connected the Duet 2 to that. Seems to have sorted the power issues as the Hub has its own power source. Its been running well for the past 6 hours odd! Now I can finally do some recording!

This is the Hub I ordered:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CJ6EGK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

In case anyone else runs into this trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back