Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170X UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 ti
Dear Pro Audio Tony Mac Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt users!

I have been using the Apogee Maestro 2 software for quite some time with the Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt by using the Thunderbolt 3 connection on my motherboard (Z170X UD5 TH) connected via Startech Thunderbolt 3-2 converter.

Yesterday I tried to updating to the new "Apogee Control" software that will allow direct monitoring from Logic. I was able to update the firmware on my Ensemble using an Apple Mac laptop, but when reconnecting the ensemble to my CustoMac Pro the Apogee Control software is not able to see the Apogee Ensemble.

Has anyone got this working, or suggestions of what I should try?.. I'm considering contacting apogee but I assume they will just tell me that I am using an unsupported computer.

I would like to get this working for two reasons.

1. The ability to use an Apogee Remote so I no longer have to have my Ensemble in arms reach on my desk
2. Having direct monitoring options from within Logic Pro x is a big plus.

I am running OSX 10.12.6 and my current Bios settings that work with Apogee Maestro 2 software are as follows;

Peripherals -> Intel(R) Thunderbolt ->
Intel Thunderbolt Technology = [Enabled]
ThunderBolt Boot Support = [Disabled]
Security Level = [Legacy Mode]
Thunderbolt PCIe Cache-line Size = [32]
Ignore Thunderbolt Option Rom = [Enabled]
Thunderbolt SwSMI Delay = 0
Reserved Memory = [Medium]
Reserved Mem per phd slot = 32
Reserved Poem per phi slot = 32

Thanks in advance
Rock on
Kitch

-------ADDED - October 30 2017.--------

I have now updated my Bios to F22a and the problem still with the Apogee Control software persists. :(

The Bios Settings have now changed in F22a;

Peripherals -> Thunderbolt TM Configuration ->
Thunderbolt TM Support = [Enabled]
ThunderBolt Detachable Graphics Support = [Disabled]
Skip PCI OptionRom = [Disabled]
Security Level = [No Security]
Reserved Memory = 256
Reserved PMemory = 32

Thankfully the Maestro 2 software still works. If anyone has any suggestions on a fix please let me know.

-------ADDED - June 24 2019.--------

UPDATE: My Apogee Thunderbolt is now working with Apogee Control software :)

Somewhere along the way I installed apogee drivers for my old Duet 2 interface and they were conflicting with the Apogee Control drivers. after finding the Duet Kext and removing it and repairing kext permissions, the "Apogee Control" software now sees my Ensemble thunderbolt without a problem. It's a good day!

Last edited:
Anyone??? Would love to get this working!!

Is there an update on the control software that you haven't loaded on the hack?

Is there an update on the control software that you haven't loaded on the hack?

Ekwipt... I have installed the latest update and the ensemble firmware, only to have to roll back to Maestro. :(

Bump??? Anyone else got suggestions?

Thanks I have posted it in gearslutz as well. :)

I saw man...

have you found out if everything works on a real Mac, say a nMP with Thunderbolt 2, to make sure it's even possible with Macs?

Because i have hardware that's not working on Sierra and thats from a real Macbook Pro

I don't have the hardware your referring to, so i'm not that much help

I saw man...

have you found out if everything works on a real Mac, say a nMP with Thunderbolt 2, to make sure it's even possible with Macs?

Because i have hardware that's not working on Sierra and thats from a real Macbook Pro

I don't have the hardware your referring to, so i'm not that much help

Thanks for the reply ekwipt!

Yes it works on my wifes Macbook Pro. :(

Dear Pro Audio Tony Mac Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt users!

I have been using the Apogee Maestro 2 software for quite some time with the Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt by using the Thunderbolt 3 connection on my motherboard (Z170X UD5 TH) connected via Startech Thunderbolt 3-2 converter.

Yesterday I tried to updating to the new "Apogee Control" software that will allow direct monitoring from Logic. I was able to update the firmware on my Ensemble using an Apple Mac laptop, but when reconnecting the ensemble to my CustoMac Pro the Apogee Control software is not able to see the Apogee Ensemble.

Has anyone got this working, or suggestions of what I should try?.. I'm considering contacting apogee but I assume they will just tell me that I am using an unsupported computer.

I would like to get this working for two reasons.

1. The ability to use an Apogee Remote so I no longer have to have my Ensemble in arms reach on my desk
2. Having direct monitoring options from within Logic Pro x is a big plus.

I am running OSX 10.12.6 and my current Bios settings that work with Apogee Maestro 2 software are as follows;

Peripherals -> Intel(R) Thunderbolt ->
Intel Thunderbolt Technology = [Enabled]
Security Level = [Legacy Mode]
Thunderbolt PCIe Cache-line Size = [32]
Ignore Thunderbolt Option Rom = [Enabled]
Thunderbolt SwSMI Delay = 0
Reserved Memory = [Medium]
Reserved Mem per phd slot = 32
Reserved Poem per phi slot = 32

Thanks in advance
Rock on
Kitch

Hi Kitch,

I found your thread to have a similarity with my custoMac build plan since i was an ensemble thunderbolt user too (but for now i’m still run that at my 15” MBP me664 and running 10.13 high Sierra & Presonus Studio One 3.5.2 DAW).
I also use Apogee Control hardware connected to 1port of my USB 3 hub, anyway did you mean your ensemble didnt recognize by maestro2 after updating Apogee Control hardware’s firmware?
And as a custoMac user, does apogee’s firmware must be updated through original Apple machines?or it is possible through custoMac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back