Dell Latitude E5440 (clover)
CPU
i5-4310U
Graphics
HD4400 (1600x900)
I am trying to install macOS Mojave 14.4.0 on Dell Latitude E5440 with specs:
  • Intel i5-4310U
  • Intel HD4400 with screen resolution of 1600x900

When posting the first time to install macOS on the internal drive it stops on this line of code:
Code:
apfs_module_start:1393: Load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs v945.260.7, apfs-945.260.7, 2019/04/26

Then a garbled screen appears with the error sign:

I thought that the problem is that the usb is not read after it boots macOS, the usb controller is an intel 8 series one.

What I have tried is:
  • Plugging the installation usb in different ports (USB3 and USB2 ones)
  • Try a different usb that is USB2
  • Include GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  • include USBInjectAll.kext
  • change the ig-platform-id value
  • change the bios options to also read legacy bootloaders
Everything I tried gave the same error.

Is the problem that the USB is not injected after the boot? or is it a different problem? Attached you can find the clover folder also containing the original ACPI and the SSDTs.

Edit: I have used rehabman's guide to make the USB; https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I have also used his latest clover build (4701) and all his latest kexts and config.plist

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
I am trying to install macOS Mojave 14.4.0 on Dell Latitude E5440 with specs:
  • Intel i5-4310U
  • Intel HD4400 with screen resolution of 1600x900

When posting the first time to install macOS on the internal drive it stops on this line of code:
Code:
apfs_module_start:1393: Load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs v945.260.7, apfs-945.260.7, 2019/04/26
View attachment 416056

Then a garbled screen appears with the error sign:
View attachment 416057

I thought that the problem is that the usb is not read after it boots macOS, the usb controller is an intel 8 series one.

What I have tried is:
  • Plugging the installation usb in different ports (USB3 and USB2 ones)
  • Try a different usb that is USB2
  • Include GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  • include USBInjectAll.kext
  • change the ig-platform-id value
  • change the bios options to also read legacy bootloaders
Everything I tried gave the same error.

Is the problem that the USB is not injected after the boot? or is it a different problem? Attached you can find the clover folder also containing the original ACPI and the SSDTs.
how did you create your installer? what software did you use?

I have downloaded the lastest version of clover (4988). The installation now stops here

Again, I thought that this is injecting problems so I included USBInjectAll.kext which had no result. Then I included GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no effect. I also tried different ports (USB3 and USB2) and nothing changes.

Since there were some file structure differences in the new version of clover rehab man's guide does not really follow well, but I think I put all the drivers in the right position. I have attached the EFI file which also contains the original native ACPI files.

Attachments

• EFI2.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 176
I have downloaded the lastest version of clover (4988). The installation now stops here
View attachment 416082

Again, I thought that this is injecting problems so I included USBInjectAll.kext which had no result. Then I included GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no effect. I also tried different ports (USB3 and USB2) and nothing changes.

Since there were some file structure differences in the new version of clover rehab man's guide does not really follow well, but I think I put all the drivers in the right position. I have attached the EFI file which also contains the original native ACPI files.

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

missing drivers64UEFI folder

did you not customise the install of clover? and use UEFI booting?

Clover 4988 does not make a drivers64UEFI folder even when the "UEFI boot only" option is selected. I even verified it a couple of times. This version was released a couple of days ago so I am not sure if it is a bug, or if I am doing something wrong.
For now I have installed clover 4972 and it made the drivers64UEFI folder. However still when I boot I get a similar problem as post #5:

Again, I included USBInjectAll.kext with no effect. Attached you can find the EFI folder also containing the original native ACPI files and the boot log.

Attachments

• EFI3.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 122
Clover 4988 does not make a drivers64UEFI folder even when the "UEFI boot only" option is selected. I even verified it a couple of times. This version was released a couple of days ago so I am not sure if it is a bug, or if I am doing something wrong.
For now I have installed clover 4972 and it made the drivers64UEFI folder. However still when I boot I get a similar problem as post #5:
View attachment 416263

Again, I included USBInjectAll.kext with no effect. Attached you can find the EFI folder also containing the original native ACPI files and the boot log.
Remove VBoxHfs-64.efi.
You're missing AptioMemoryFix-64.efi...

Remove VBoxHfs-64.efi.
You're missing AptioMemoryFix-64.efi...

I did that and now I get a different error:

A quick internet search revealed that I might have installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext wrongly, however in the guide by rehabman it says to just paste it in the kext/others folder. I used rehabman's latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext which is version 1008.

Attached is the EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI4.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 125
I did that and now I get a different error:
View attachment 416278

A quick internet search revealed that I might have installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext wrongly, however in the guide by rehabman it says to just paste it in the kext/others folder. I used rehabman's latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext which is version 1008.

Attached is the EFI folder.
usb issue, try all usb ports

make to use a USB2.0 stick

put USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back