Contribute
Register

APFS_Module_Start: 1689 panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a day of testing, I managed to do it! I had to downgrade my bios, taking it from the latest version (the 14) to the 11. I also had the same problem with the 12 and 13. With the 11 instead I managed to install Catalina 10.15.4. Thank you all.

Any more tips? This is the same panic I have been running into. I added the patch into my EFI folder, but when I ran again in verbose i got the same 1698 panic. Not really sure what to do or if there are other adjustments I can make within bios? My motherboard is Asus Prime Z390-A

Where exactly would I add that? When I go into config.plist I don't see the patches under DSDT. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 117
After a day of testing, I managed to do it! I had to downgrade my bios, taking it from the latest version (the 14) to the 11. I also had the same problem with the 12 and 13. With the 11 instead I managed to install Catalina 10.15.4. Thank you all.
how do you downgrade the can be fast step by step ?

how do you downgrade the can be fast step by step ?
I did it through an official utility with Windows. There is also a way through a USB pen. You can find everything on the official website of the motherboard.
We have different motherboard. My post is valid for my motherboard. I don't know Asus

Hello, I used ChristianGatlin config.plist for APFS_Module_Start: 1689 panic. Now the error is in picture attached.
My configuration is:
Rog Strix Z-390E Gaming - I7 9600K - RTX-2070.
Anyone could put the correct config.plist for my configuration?

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back