Contribute
Register

APFS Not Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

I'm on the latest Clover (4114) with the proper apfs.efi. I was worried the conversion would mess with the bootloader on my laptop where I only have one drive.

On my desktop I've upgraded just fine from Sierra and the conversion also went fine, although I have clover on a separate drive.

The only thing is that I find High Sierra a bit buggy. Sometimes the screen won't turn on and I also had a weird reboot. Also some apps don't work great and have some graphics glitches here and there, maybe it has to do with Metal 2. I have a GTX 760.

Cheers!

This is how the disk looks like after conversion

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 01.02.53.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 01.02.53.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 451
Yeah, that looks the same to me. I have a Kingston SSD, too.

Cheers!

File systems don't make miracles, their will don't speed up your computer like a new computer. Exists improvements but is not "that" noticeable, make a completely new file system is more complex them the must people think. F2FS , BTRFS this file systems are more "new" them EXT4 and are quietly more fast sometimes ,but no one see any difference in a desktop conventional computer , at least if you are receiving billions of inputs of data of storage... APFS is good I think

File systems don't make miracles, their will don't speed up your computer like a new computer. Exists improvements but is not "that" noticeable, make a completely new file system is more complex them the must people think. F2FS , BTRFS this file systems are more "new" them EXT4 and are quietly more fast sometimes ,but no one see any difference in a desktop conventional computer , at least if you are receiving billions of inputs of data of storage... APFS is good I think
I migrated back to HFS+ (HD->SuperDuper!->HD) and everything is much faster now :) Perhaps they will fix APFS in 10.14 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back