Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core I-70-8700k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I’m new to computer building and I’ve been perusing the threads but haven’t come across one yet that helps. I’ve got the above board, no graphics card or WiFi card installed, and while I see the USB as an option to select and boot from, when I select it the systems try’s to boot from it but then just reverts back to showing me the choices of boot volumes. I’ve tweeted the Bios based on multiple guides found here (thanks so much for those!) but nothing’s helping. Any thoughts on why this board is not allowing me to boot from the USB to install the OS?

Thanks so much!

I should also let you all know I’m about ready to take it all apart and send the board back.

Hi all. I’m new to computer building and I’ve been perusing the threads but haven’t come across one yet that helps. I’ve got the above board, no graphics card or WiFi card installed, and while I see the USB as an option to select and boot from, when I select it the systems try’s to boot from it but then just reverts back to showing me the choices of boot volumes. I’ve tweeted the Bios based on multiple guides found here (thanks so much for those!) but nothing’s helping. Any thoughts on why this board is not allowing me to boot from the USB to install the OS?

Thanks so much!

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the forum rules. In particular, what CPU are you using?

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the forum rules. In particular, what CPU are you using?

As I mentioned above motherboard is the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi.
CPU: Intel Core I-7- 8700k
CPU Cooler: CoolMaster Masterliquid LC 240E RGB Liquid Cooler
SSDs: 2 Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2
Memory: 2 32 gig Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz DRR4

I have a similar rig.. that I started yesterday I select the USB drive then a second later it goes back like it can't boot..... I'm so aggravated because my high sierra USB boot drive won't load up either. I updated bios from f8 to f11. still same garbage.. I went through the bios setting at least three times according to the unibeast installation guide I still waiting on my AIO.. was using old CPU cooler. Once I get that in Ill have to try to set up my old board and look at my USB stick for Navajo.... I'll follow your post to see what luck you have and ill get back with you if I have any luck as well....

I got my USB to work.. just make sure when you create the USB drive in your previous mac you select show all in drive utility.. to left-hand menu... this will allow you to select the boot part.. by default it will make an MBR boot partition.. you need the apple GUID one.....
also, make sure your bios is F11 ... mine started off at F8... from there you should be golden.. good luck to you

@moodogg7 I ended up returning the motherboard and getting the non wifi version. That one worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back