i7-9700K
Graphics
RTX 2060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

Just a quick question about this board, I am looking to get a system set up. Its is currently running Windows but looking to maybe dual boot as my Macbook Pro (mid2012) is really starting to show its age.

Am I able to run/install macOS with the onboard graphics. I have done some searching around and while people have managed it with this board, they have been using AMD GPU's. I don't have the abilty to run with a GPU at the moment as mine is a RTX based card, and if I am correct there isn't the support for it yet.

Thanks

You won't be able to run Mojave, because of metal support.
But you should be able to run High Sierra. I'm running Mojave with the same board with an RX 570.

Ahh okay that makes sense, I did have a quick go at trying to install Mojave, but it just froze when I got to the actual install. I don’t know if that was the incompatibility with the RTX 2060 still inside the computer (output being forced through the motherboard) or if I got some settings wrong with clover? I don’t know if you are able to share the settings you have/let me know what settings you followed?

Thanks

I only select:
UEFI Boot Oly, Install on ESD

UEFI DRIVERS:
ApfsDriverLoader-64
VboxHfs-64
Aptiomemoryfix-64

After installing on the USB. Ten edit your config.plist to add your kext
to other folder. Download only: Lilu, Whatevergreen, fakeSMC

save your config.plist Done. Now install on your build

Hope that help.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 75
Hi there,

Just a quick question about this board, I am looking to get a system set up. Its is currently running Windows but looking to maybe dual boot as my Macbook Pro (mid2012) is really starting to show its age.

Am I able to run/install macOS with the onboard graphics. I have done some searching around and while people have managed it with this board, they have been using AMD GPU's. I don't have the abilty to run with a GPU at the moment as mine is a RTX based card, and if I am correct there isn't the support for it yet.

Thanks

efi folder for z390 aorus pro work fine with rx580 + video on board. put this efi on vanila stick or after instal replace efi from m2 or ssd

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 96
  • EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 82
efi folder for z390 aorus pro work fine with rx580 + video on board. put this efi on vanila stick or after instal replace efi from m2 or ssd
Are both EFI different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back