Asus Strix Z390-F
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
1. Using Unibeast method

1. The installation just freezes at "creating partition map" when I try to format my NVMe Samsung 970 Plus to APFS.
  2. Occasionally it goes through installation process and just freezes when in 2 minutes install remaining
  3. I tried using the `NvmExpressDxe-64.efi` but it resulted in "AppleNVMe Assert Failed" error and it did not even go to the GUI installation process
  4. Tried "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" and "OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi"instead of "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" as I read many replies suggesting this for user having similar freeze issue but it did not fix it.
  5. I tried to follow the procedure outlined in https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh as the users build is much similar to mine but again freeze issue.
Note
  1. I don't have my Corsair Link usb for watercooler plugged in as it is known to cause issue with blank screen during sleep and wake (just a precaution)
  2. I also tried removing the Fenvi FV-t919 but still the issue prevails.
  3. I am in recent Bios Version "F8e", and has recommended bios Settings.

is this related to Z390 chipset, NVMe driver? because I have another build Asus Strix Z370-f with i7 8700k and Rx570 and it just works out of box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ah!!!..

I bought 3 Evo 970 Plus 500GB drives...from the report it seems the issue happens even if it ain't boot drive!. Well now I cannot return them, I will have to wait for some fix to use them.. for now will try spare Evo 970 I have.

I never thought this as issue with the drive, I have been trying various steps for past two days before I sought help here. Glad, I did that..

thanks a lot

Could someone add this as warning to the buyer's guide? https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersgu...the-ultimate-buyers-guide/#Solid_State_Drives

I know that Evo 970 plus is not listed but Evo 970 and Evo 970 plus were more similar (similar controller, etc) with better performance (and new offering from samsung) so one would choose the plus variant by default.. because I did exactly that. This will help many people till the issue is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back