Contribute
Register

Anything I should know before I get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370-H
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone! , just recently decided to get started on my own customac. I read a few guides and wanted to get some direction before I get started.

What I am looking to do:

I recently figured out that a lot of the applications I need to do my freelancing work are on mac, such as sketch. I have a windows computer with 2 SSD's 1 I have windows installed on it, the other is empty and is what I plan to put mac os on. I am looking for a dual boot setup, so my first question would this be possible.

My Specs:

my specs of my computer are as follows.

CPU: Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z370-H gaming
Ram: 16 gigs gskill 2133
Strix Gaming Gforce gtx 1080 ti (Still no available drivers?)

Thanks to everyone who has read the page, I have the bootable thumb drive already set up, just wanted to get some input from others before moving forward.

Dual boot is absolutely possible. Probably easiest to disconnect your SSD containing Windows while you tinker with installing macOS on the other. Your GTX 1080 is not compatible with Mojave, so you'll need to install an older version of macOS.

Dual boot is absolutely possible. Probably easiest to disconnect your SSD containing Windows while you tinker with installing macOS on the other. Your GTX 1080 is not compatible with Mojave, so you'll need to install an older version of macOS.
What version is compatible with it, that's really sad I can't boot it with mojave. I was really looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back