Contribute
Register

Anyone with P55-USB3 Rev2 F8 with DSDT & SLEEP working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-HD4
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
PowerColor Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
From what I know, not all DSDT in the database contains modified parameters for SLEEP feature. If you are selecting certain boards which MacMan and Tonymacx86 had modify the DSDT , then you are in luck.

I am seeking for anyone out there which has the gigabyte P55-USB3 rev2 which has successfully modify DSDT and get the RIG to sleep properly without the need of SLEEP ENABLER?

If you have one, can you share your DSDT?

Thanks

ijhu said:
From what I know, not all DSDT in the database contains modified parameters for SLEEP feature. If you are selecting certain boards which MacMan and Tonymacx86 had modify the DSDT , then you are in luck.

I am seeking for anyone out there which has the gigabyte P55-USB3 rev2 which has successfully modify DSDT and get the RIG to sleep properly without the need of SLEEP ENABLER?

If you have one, can you share your DSDT?

Thanks
All of the Gigabyte DSDTs in the database are edited to have sleep working without SleepEnabler.

Thanks for the quick reply MacMan. The odd thing is I've been trying to test and proper setting, but the system DOES NOT sleep, the monitor turns off and that's pretty much it. The RIG still has power and the FANS are still spinning.

I do not have anything attached to the RIG except for a external USB hub, but nothing is attached to the hub.

When I use sleepenabler, the system sleeps like a "PIG" and I can wake it up with my keyboard or mouse.

I've looked at tonymacx86's DSDT where he has indicated the string that he edited, and looked my at DSDT, quite a different between the two.

Anything you can suggest?

Works fine on my machine, except for autosleep but that is because I have an LG dvd drive.

Maybe try the F9 BIOS and DSDT.

Good luck

giles said:
Works fine on my machine, except for autosleep but that is because I have an LG dvd drive.
Maybe try the F9 BIOS and DSDT.
Good luck

Here we go...
-System flashed with F9 BIOS via Gigabyte (done)
-F9 DSDT downloaded and installed via multibeast

Reboot and tested, same result. just the monitor turning OFF but system does not auto sleep.

Does it matter if the BIOS has on-board SATA/IDE ctrl setup as IDE instead of AHCI?
Originally I had an IDE LG DVD R/W so I setup my onboard controller as IDE as it come default and my Win7 installed under IDE so switching to AHCI resulted in my win7 cannot boot. Recently I had my DVD ROM switched to Sony 7260S. Yes, I have changed the registry for IDE to AHCI and does not help.

But I doubted the SATA controller being set as IDE has anything to do with AUTO SLEEP. Beside I successfully install my HACKINTOSH using the IDE drive originally.

For now I will hang this one dry and hopefully someday the magic will appear or someone has similar issue as me and found a fix.

BTW, I am still open for more suggestion for people who had the same BOARD as me.

If you install windows with your BIOS preset to AHCI it will work but you can not change it after installation. You will have to reinstall windows. Usually for OSX to work IDE can not be selected anywhere. For example, i had to set my RAID setting to AHCI for OSX to boot even though i dont use RAID. When i was in your situation i was switching my bios back and forth between IDE and AHCI depending on what OS i wanted. Also, check out the forum link below about your sleepenabler problem. Replacing the kext and adding the string to your .plist file has work for a few people running a P55 board. Also make sure your power settings are set to S3. That has everything to do with your sleep mode.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1619643

My Board has the setting for hackintosh setup. All except the original onboard SATA controller being used as IDE instead of AHCI. (when switching to AHCI, OSX Boot fines, but the Win7 doesnot.

I've used sleepenabler.kext and it works when I want to activate via MENU. It is the autosleep OOB function that I was looking for.

Thanks for the link.

@ikingblack

Thanks for the link. I've already went through that, and it does not work for me and I've been scratching my head.

Ok finally got the SATA controller setup as AHCI and win7 to boot properly.

Strangely what I had to do was...the typical which I have been doing all along.
a) Change Registry value
b) Reboot
c) This time I put the Win7 DVD inside and voila...it works.

So it must be the Win7 DVD inside the tray after registry modify and BIOS change. Upon reboot system picks the driver inside the disc. That's my only logical explanation.
At least it works...

I am on bios F9 and I had to install Sleep enabler Kext to get my p55-USB3 to wake up from sleep. Without it it would go to sleep but couldn't be woken up. Had to hardboot every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back