Contribute
Register

anyone with asrock z77 pro3 motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I followed the directions explained here but I am afraid I messed up my system. Before running the commands above I was able to boot from my Mavericks hd installed with Chimera. Now I can no longer boot from Mavericks and booting attempts from ElCapitan end up on a black screen after what looks like a normal boot (with progress bar going up to about 20% and then switching to a black screen (as if the hard drive activity came to a stop). I probably did something wrong but I have no idea what. I can boot from the USB installer with no problem at all.
I am attaching a Screeshotof Shell bcfg boot dump hoping someone can tell me if it looks the way it should. I also attached a copy of my config. plist
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asrock Z97 Extreme 4

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 377
  • Myconfig copy.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 240
Well this is also one of a few issues I am having with....

I have have an asrock p67 extreme 4 and I noticed that I could only boot when thumb drive was plugged in....

I am using the UEFI booth method since this 6 series board had uefi

Did you have to do anything other than generate an ssdt to get the 2500k working?

I have to use cpus=1 and nv_disable=1 which I cant figure out how to get my geforce gtx 260 working without that

Well this is also one of a few issues I am having with....

I have have an asrock p67 extreme 4 and I noticed that I could only boot when thumb drive was plugged in....

I am using the UEFI booth method since this 6 series board had uefi

Did you have to do anything other than generate an ssdt to get the 2500k working?

I have to use cpus=1 and nv_disable=1 which I cant figure out how to get my geforce gtx 260 working without that

Have you installed Clover to your main OS X drive? Sounds like to me that the Bootloader isn't installed.

I think I followed the directions explained here but I am afraid I messed up my system. Before running the commands above I was able to boot from my Mavericks hd installed with Chimera. Now I can no longer boot from Mavericks and booting attempts from ElCapitan end up on a black screen after what looks like a normal boot (with progress bar going up to about 20% and then switching to a black screen (as if the hard drive activity came to a stop). I probably did something wrong but I have no idea what. I can boot from the USB installer with no problem at all.
I am attaching a Screeshotof Shell bcfg boot dump hoping someone can tell me if it looks the way it should. I also attached a copy of my config. plist
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asrock Z97 Extreme 4

Hi Coquin!

Just want to know if you were able to solve the problem of not being able to boot from your ssd/hdd.
I have the same mother board AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 as you have. I hesitated to try the method of ctyler when I read your post that you messed up your system.

Can you please check the version of your bios?

Thank you in advance!

*Edit* With the cpus=1 boot option i can run the installer, but I have to delete the dart=0 boot option(I don't know the use for this). I hope everything will run fine form now on :D *Edit*

Hay Guys, every time I run the installer, the apple logo appears and it tries to load, but at a quarter it stops and I get an error message
20160704_150221.jpg

After I unplugged my GPU and tried with my on board GPU, I received
this error message
20160705_161501.jpg
and in the second try I received the first error message again :(
I'm clueless and thanks for your help.
(I'll install El Capitan)
Specs: Z77 extreme 4
Core i5 2500k
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SSC
8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Singel Channel (2x4 GB Sticks)
Original MacBook pro 13" 360 GB HDD

Last edited:
Success Finally........
Had the same prob booting clover uefi from my hackintosh ssd on a asrock h61m/u3s3 mobo,
could only boot from a usb stick..no ssd or hdd sata boot would ever work.
Ironically if i connected the ssd drive to a usb adapter,then it did boot but as usb only..

Originally this fix was aimed at laptop user,but it worked great for my desktop.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-mavericks-10-9-clover-install-guide.112684/

See post 1,scroll to step 7 and read last paragraph.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote..
Go into EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and select the file called 'bootmgfw.efi' rename it to 'bootmgfw-orig.efi'. Then you need to take the CLOVERX64.efi file from EFI/CLOVER/ and place it inside of EFI/Microsoft/boot/ and rename it to 'bootmgfw.efi'.
You can delete the folder /EFI/BOOT. It only contains the file BOOTX64.efi which is exactly the same as CLOVERX64.efi. For our system we don't need that folder.
End Quote..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Followed the above info and uefi boot is now up an working...currently booting mavericks/sierra
Made a new folder inside EFI called ...Microsoft... and inside that created another folder..Boot...
paste the CLOVERX64.efi into Boot and rename to bootmgfw.efi

At Startup
To hide dummy "windows" clover boot option....
Clover bootmanager will show a option to boot windows.
To hide this...go into clover configurator mount your efi partition,
Open clover config.plist in configurator choose Gui section add new entry in Hide Volume.. \EFI\MICROSOFT
Save config.plist next time you boot windows is no longer there..

You may need to change uefi bios boot order, and boot up from the drive with dummy "Windows" selected as the boot os.
For me,no more need to boot from usb stick

Last edited:
If somebody can help me with booting my uefi AsRock. i cannot boot either. I'm not sure if i'm doing it right also. I followed the steps and when i get to the part. bcfg boot add N bootx64.efi "Clover"

it gives me a message saying invalid arguments - N

Please Thank you

I tried @ctyler 's method on OSX 10.14 Mojave.
I'm having some issues with some of the keys on the keyboard involving characters that needs to be combined with the shift key.
Within the shell, I cannot type "*" or ":" on the lines "map fs*" and "fs0:"
I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my keyboard, but outside the shell, all keys seem to work even if it has combination with the shift key.

ASRock z77extreme4. The guide is simple and worked for my board. Thank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back