Contribute
Register

anyone with asrock z77 pro3 motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asrock z77 pro3
CPU
Graphics
gtx 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have been out of hackintosh scene for awhile, trying to wrap my head around clover and such.

i have an asrock z77 pro 3 with 2500k. ive seen some posts about it but there rather old.

can any one help me out? i installed el capitain and every thing seems compatible.

trying to work out a few glitches.

questions:

do i need to patch bios?

clover creates a boot entry but will not boot from it, i still need to boot from usb every time, possible fix?

You should not need to patch BIOS.

However some ASRock boards need a special procedure in order to boot from the system drive.

If that's not it, with a 2500K you may need to boot with cpus=1 until you either install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or generate an SSDT for your CPU.

If that's not it, please post details of what happens when you try to boot from the system drive, and if it's a crash/hang then boot in verbose mode (space bar from the clover menu) and post a photo of where it stops.

Yes you need to patch the bios. Do a forum search for "asrock z77 pro 3" and you'll find instructions.

the above fix for asrock boards using a linux distro with efibootmgr did not work for me, but i did find a fix that did from another guide on insanleymac. i post it in hopes that it may help someone else.

The goal of this procedure is to add Clover as a boot item in the BIOS UEFI Boot menu and to get rid of the Clover USB thumb as a boot option.

4.1.1. Restart the system and boot again with the Clover USB thumb drive. You'll see a screen similar to the below (depends on the chosen theme during Clover installation):

4.1.2. Go to Start UEFI Shell 64 (the highlighted icon) and hit enter. Shortly after you'll get the below screen:

Find bootx64.efi on HDD EFI partition with the combination of the following commands:

Shell> map fs*Show all partitions
Shell> fs0: (or fs1: or fs2: ...)Switch to fs0, fs1, fs2,... partitions
Shell> ls List the contents of current partition / directory
Shell> cd \efi\boot Change the directory to \efi\boot
Shell> ls

Then:

Shell> help bcfg -b -v Get help onbcfg command
Shell> bcfg boot dump List current boot options
Shell> bcfg boot add N bootx64.efi "Clover" Add bootx64.efi from the current dir (\efi\boot) as a boot option labeled "Clover" (You will see this name also in the UEFI BIOS Boot menu boot items). N is the boot option number: 0 if you want it to be the first, 1 to be the second, etc.
Shell> bcfg boot dump Check if Clover is added
Shell> reset Restart the system and load Clover from SSD / HDD

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way thx for helping me out guys. i fixed clover patched bios and i guess last question is nullpowermanagment vs ssdt? is there any benifit to ssdt besides sleep function?

guys is sleep/wake working for you?

my setup is as follows,

asrock z77 pro3 + i5-3570k
gtx 650ti boost 2gb

my mac was able to sleep just fine, but chances are, i will get a black screen and rest unresponsive after waking out of sleep. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back