Contribute
Register

Anyone using the Magic Mouse without Issues on a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the issue is with the Sabrent adapter and not the Magic Mouse. I just received my adapter and mouse today - so excited to use them and my excitement was ripped from my soul - thank you Sabrent.

The problem is that the mouse stays connected but it stops making the cursor move and clicking/gestures don't work - might as well be 'off'. This happens randomly but the mouse never works for longer than 30 seconds.

Lesson learned, Rocketfish Adapter ordered.

Hello all,

My solution:

In the 1st config I've plugged the BT dongle GBU521 to an USB 2.0 port on the rear IO panel of the motherboard. The distance to the mouse was 20 inches. In this config I'd some problems with the connection.

For the 2nd and successful config I put the BT dongle to the right USB port on the USB attached Apple keyboard. The distance to the Magic Mouse was reduced to 10 inches.

Bye Oli

After reading this thread I moved my kensington bluetooth adapter from the bottom usb ports in front of my case to an extension cable up on my desk. Now all is working (gestures, no random volume increases, no jumpiness). I'm on mavericks btw

Same here. My Fix was to disconnect the BT dongle and plug it back in. All of the problems went away immediately. Scroll is working, no more random jumping around.

Hope this helps.

YES! Thank you... Here I was blaming my changes to AppleHDA.kext :) - "how the hell did I do that?"

My MM from time to time jumps to the upper right hand corner...and my solution is to open the BT preference pane and right click the mouse listing and remove it, then pair again.
On my mackintosh I always have a second (logitech wireless) mouse which works when in the bios and for situations like this when MM fails,

I just ran into this problem. I typically shut down my Mackintosh when I'm not using it but had left it up for a few weeks. I restarted and found the magic mouse would jump to the upper left hand corner whenever I lifted it. The gestures and clicking would not work either. I am using the IO Gear BT adapter and it has been working well. I had moved it to be closer to the mouse after the mouse would loose connection periodically. The fix was to unplug the adapter and plug it back in. After that the mouse functionality returned to normal.

Just a quick update regarding the Magic Mouse 2. It's scrolling function does not work in OSX Yosemite and lower, which is completely ridiculous for something simple as a mouse. The only way to get full support is to update to El Capitan, which is not the most interesting thing to do for a lot of systems due too USB3 issues.

I've got a magic mouse showing up tomorrow, I currently have an IOGEAR GBU521 that so far has not given me any issues and running El Capitan. I hope it works. :)

Magic mouse with IOGEAR working with no issues so far. Paired up in seconds. I also tried shutting down and restarting to be sure and it's still paired. It's an awesome mouse.

So far the only thing I noticed is once in a great while the mouse will disconnect for like a second or two, and reconnect. It hardly happens. Wondering if perhaps I should get one of those Rockfetfish dongles like others have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back