Contribute
Register

Anyone using the Magic Mouse without Issues on a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just completed my Hackintosh build, and the Magic Mouse I got off eBay is giving me fits. It will not track worth a darn, looses connection, etc, etc. It was supposed to be brand new, and it looks like it is (even came with the new batteries). I am using a Sabrent Micro USB Bluetooth adapter, which is on the approved list as working OOB (and it does). http://www.frys.com/product/6103319

I am trying to determine if the Mouse is defective, or my bluetooth module is the problem.

Can anyone confirm they actually this device w/o issues? The internet is flooded with people reporting that it looses signal frequently. I have tried multiple trouble shooting techniques, mark a favorite, reset EPROM (or whatever it is called), new batteries, reboot etc, etc.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of going to the Apple Store to pick up another one to test and see if works any better.

I found the following points useful:
+install "Continuity-activation-tool-master"
+small distance between magic mouse and bluetooth dongle
+using USB 2.0 instead of 3.0

My magic mouse and my apple keyboard (2016) are now working without any issues under El Capitan.

Hello all,

My solution:

In the 1st config I've plugged the BT dongle GBU521 to an USB 2.0 port on the rear IO panel of the motherboard. The distance to the mouse was 20 inches. In this config I'd some problems with the connection.

For the 2nd and successful config I put the BT dongle to the right USB port on the USB attached Apple keyboard. The distance to the Magic Mouse was reduced to 10 inches.

Bye Oli

I just went out of the way to log in to say THANK YOU. I thought of moving it from the back to the front (helped) but now it's on the keyboard and works really well.

Hello all,

For those lucky of you whose BT mouse is working correctly, I assume everything is working? I mean scrolling, gestures, etc?
My problem is that my Magic Mouse 2 pairs right away, but it is not recognized as a Magic Mouse. The gestures don't work and I cannot configure it under system preferences.

Can you guys please confirm that your Magic Mouse is seen by El Capitan as a Magic mouse, and if so, state what BT you are using, what version of El Capitan and whether you had to tinkered with the kexts or not? It would be great to get a "summary" from people who've been successful.

Thanks!!

The first one is exactly the BT I have!! Are you running 10.11.4?

The first one is exactly the BT I have!! Are you running 10.11.4?

Yep. Recommend trying another USB port, or if you haven't, use the USB 3.0 fixes from MultiBeast for 7/8/9 series boards.

I have a bluetooth 4.0 running perfectly turning on/off, but after the 10.11.4 upgrade, my magic mouse lost some gestures, like second-click, even enable on system preference the click doesn't work.

I've been searching and I found out that I don't have this plist in /Library/Preferences

com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad.plist
com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist
com.apple.preference.trackpad.plist
com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist
com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist

Is possible that the missing of these files may be resulting on magic mouse malfunction? If it is so, can someone send me these files?

[email protected]

ive been using a magic mouse for over a year without any issues. I have a targus bluetooth stick plugged into the usb port on the apple keyboard right next to it.

I think this is the nail on the head. There seems to be some sort of interference from the usb plugs on my computer to the mouse. I have no idea what but I am always getting lag issues especially when trying to drag stuff. Anyway. I tried the plug on the apple keyboard and I seem to be experiencing a massive improvement!

I recently purchased first gen magic mouse and keyboard as they are on discount due to the newer versions being out.

The keyboard works. The mouse, not such.

I tested the mouse with my Macbook qnd it works great.

It connected the first time and worked for a few minutes but that was it. The mouse now connects but fails to work correctly now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I just completed my Hackintosh build, and the Magic Mouse I got off eBay is giving me fits. It will not track worth a darn, looses connection, etc, etc. It was supposed to be brand new, and it looks like it is (even came with the new batteries). I am using a Sabrent Micro USB Bluetooth adapter, which is on the approved list as working OOB (and it does). http://www.frys.com/product/6103319

I am trying to determine if the Mouse is defective, or my bluetooth module is the problem.

Can anyone confirm they actually this device w/o issues? The internet is flooded with people reporting that it looses signal frequently. I have tried multiple trouble shooting techniques, mark a favorite, reset EPROM (or whatever it is called), new batteries, reboot etc, etc.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of going to the Apple Store to pick up another one to test and see if works any better.

In my case I had lag problems using my Apple Magic Bluetooth Mouse on my hackintosh. The solution that solved my problem was to unplug the bluetooth dongle from behind the computer and plug it into the right side of the Apple USB keyboard (which has a USB port on each side and is close to the mouse). For me it was enough to solve my lag problem. The conclusion I got was that if you leave the dongle as close to your mouse as possible you will avoid lag. I hope I help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back