Contribute
Register

Anyone using iMac 15,1 for 4790k + Z97X + Nvidia Graphic Card in 10.11 ElCapitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Maybe this is not necessary, but I am trying to get the iMac 15,1 profile running on my system (i7 4790k + Z91 + NVIDIA) with ElCapitan. The problem is that after boot, there is no video. The system is functional, I can get sound, the CD-ROM to eject, just no video.

I found this great post from 10.10 which addresses the blank screen
Memory corrupted after longer sleep
But I didn't understand the part about the SSDT and can not any files that match in clover or on the desktop.

If you know of a guide or how to do this, please post :)

Thank you!

Maybe this is not necessary, but I am trying to get the iMac 15,1 profile running on my system (i7 4790k + Z91 + NVIDIA) with ElCapitan. The problem is that after boot, there is no video. The system is functional, I can get sound, the CD-ROM to eject, just no video.

I found this great post from 10.10 which addresses the blank screen
Memory corrupted after longer sleep
But I didn't understand the part about the SSDT and can not any files that match in clover or on the desktop.

If you know of a guide or how to do this, please post :)

Thank you!

See problem #4: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

I am using that profile with my main build.

Thank you. Worked like a charm.... now I can get back out of sleep mode and access all the processor states! :) I made the correct edits, just didn't relink/redo the kernel cache. :) I could write a quick script to make these edits. Do you think it would benefit anyone?

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 7.00.14 AM.png

Thank you. Worked like a charm.... now I can get back out of sleep mode and access all the processor states! :) I made the correct edits, just didn't relink/redo the kernel cache. :) I could write a quick script to make these edits. Do you think it would benefit anyone?

If you made that script it would be wonderful!

Here is the script and instructions.

1. Download file from this post
2. Open a Terminal and type the following (assuming you downloaded with Safari)

cd Downloads
sudo ./fixit.sh

or use nano to make your own script with a copy/paste of code below. This code makes a backup of your plist just in case. :)

#!/bin/sh

# Reference: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html
#
# This script automates the modification of AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext so that the
# monitor does not go to end of sleep at boot sequence when using NVIDA card.

id="/usr/bin/id"
awk="/usr/bin/awk"

tmp=`$id | $awk -F" " '{print $1}'`

if [ "$tmp" = 'uid=0(root)' ]; then
echo "You are root!"
tool=/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy

# Real Path
plist="/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

#Backup plist, just in case
/bin/cp $plist $plist.backup

echo "\nModifying $plist \n"

echo "Current Values"
echo "=============="
tmp=`$tool -c "Print :IOKitPersonalities:AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy:ConfigMap:Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" $plist`
echo "iMac15,1 = $tmp"
tmp=`$tool -c "Print :IOKitPersonalities:AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy:ConfigMap:Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6" $plist`

echo "MacPro6,1 = $tmp"

echo "\nSetting Values to none"
tmp=`$tool -c "Set :IOKitPersonalities:AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy:ConfigMap:Mac-42FD25EABCABB274 none" $plist`
tmp=`$tool -c "Set :IOKitPersonalities:AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy:ConfigMap:Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 none" $plist`

echo "\nVerfying Values (should be none)"
echo "=================================="
tmp=`$tool -c "Print :IOKitPersonalities:AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy:ConfigMap:Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" $plist`
echo "iMac15,1 = $tmp"
tmp=`$tool -c "Print :IOKitPersonalities:AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy:ConfigMap:Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6" $plist`
echo "MacPro6,1 = $tmp"

echo "\nRebuilding Kernel Cache"
/usr/sbin/kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
/usr/sbin/kextcache -system-caches

else
echo "This script will not work with your userid, type 'sudo ./fixit.sh'"
fi;

Attachments

• fixit.zip
    971 bytes · Views: 187
Here is the script and instructions.

1. Download file from this post
2. Open a Terminal and type the following (assuming you downloaded with Safari)

cd Downloads
sudo ./fixit.sh

or use nano to make your own script with a copy/paste of code below. This code makes a backup of your plist just in case. :)

When I run the script, this is what I get:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Last login: Sun Nov 15 19:08:10 on console
Matthews-iMac:~ Matthias$ cd Downloads
Matthews-iMac:Downloads Matthias$ sudo ./fixit.sh
Password:
You are root!

Modifying /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Current Values
==============
iMac15,1 = Config2
MacPro6,1 = Config1

Setting Values to none

Verfying Values (should be none)
==================================
iMac15,1 = none
MacPro6,1 = none

Rebuilding Kernel Cache
FakeSMC.kext has no Info.plist file.
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext
Matthews-iMac:Downloads Matthias$
---------------------------------------------------------------

Is this the way it's supposed to look when it executes the script?

I'll reboot now and see what happens.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

What is the benefit of using iMac15,1 over 14,1/14,2? I'm curious as my upcoming build is 4790K + Z97X + nvidia

What is the benefit of using iMac15,1 over 14,1/14,2? I'm curious as my upcoming build is 4790K + Z97X + nvidia

Nothing I have found. I have gone back to 14,2 because I don't want to mess with the problems of the 15,1 every update. Some who has a better understanding needs to create a Clover kext patch to take care of the patching to none on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back