Contribute
Register

Anyone using a corsair h80i with their hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Black Ninja
CPU
Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
im getting a kernal panic since installing my h80i using the usb link cable. it seems the panic is in regards to the usb link cable. any work arounds for this?

I'm interested in the same cooler, so I would like to know as we'll. I've seen videos of someone building a hack using this cooler but doesn't mention using the USB cable. Have you tried it without the cable?

I'm interested in the same cooler, so I would like to know as we'll. I've seen videos of someone building a hack using this cooler but doesn't mention using the USB cable. Have you tried it without the cable?

This was of interest for a new build so I want to follow and see where this goes. Hope a solution is found.

well guys i found a solution that worked enough for me. i booted up windows and downloaded the corsair link software. the link software allowed me to set my fan speed on balance so theyre no longer on full blast. i booted into osx with no panic and the fans seem to be running normal. not sure if they adjust in osx but ill find out.

well guys i found a solution that worked enough for me. i booted up windows and downloaded the corsair link software. the link software allowed me to set my fan speed on balance so theyre no longer on full blast. i booted into osx with no panic and the fans seem to be running normal. not sure if they adjust in osx but ill find out.

:cool:

Interesting and thanks for the update. I have no plans to dual boot windows, so I'm wondering if I can control fan speed through the bios.

if worse came to worse you could always say **** the usb link cable and just hook the fans up to a controller.

as far as how this worked for me...i think downloading the software in windows put some firmware on the pump to deal recognize and utilize the usb link cable or something. i was pleasantly surprised by being able to boot osx after downloading the link software in windows.

I didn't have any problems with H80i installed on my dual boot OSX/Win7, but as another poster had mentioned, the Corsair Link software broke the sleep and auto-sleep, resulting in "instant wake". It's due to the USB header, that drives the pump and what-not, messing with the sleep.

Once i put back my Hyper 212 EVO, all was well again.

-dh-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back