Motherboard
Asus Z170 Hero VIII
CPU
i7-6700K OC @4.6GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I have two eSATA drives, and I've installed the JMicron36xeSata kext using MultiBeast.

The thing is, the OS can't see them. Oddly enough, the drive can be seen by Chameleon, so it's something to do with the drivers.

I have a feeling it may be to do with smbios.plist - the MacBook Pro definition. Complete guess of course.

Anyone got 64bit SL 10.6.7 with eSATA connectivity?

Can't use this system without it, as it's essential for backups :(

Sorry I don't have a solution, but if it's any consolation I'm having the exact same issue. I'm on a P8P67 Deluxe, installed the JMicron SATA and eSATA kexts via multibeast, also no go. Chameleon can see my eSATA drive, but when I boot into SL, there's no drive to be found!

If anyone can provide any help on the matter, I'd absolutely appreciate it. I'm also sporting the MacBookPro plist as I'm obviously on Sandy Bridge. Thanks in advance!

My eSATA works.... but it is on a Gigabyte UD5.... just works. Haven't tried hot swapping though

michote said:
My eSATA works.... but it is on a Gigabyte UD5.... just works. Haven't tried hot swapping though

And the "hot swap" or the rebooting to another OS was always the problem with me.
I have no HDDs on my setup, only SSDs that are located just under my USB 3 box.
This way the 2 fans in the front of my 300 that are unobstructed...plus NO added heat from HDDs.

I don't know anyone who has onboard eSATA working in Snow Leopard on the Asus board. :( It is the only thing left that doesn't work. Otherwise, the board is perfect for OS X. Would love to get it working. I'm curious, did you guys get the ports recognized in System Profiler? I got them to show up, but only by deleting the IOPCIClassMatch string. Makes me think there's something nonstandard about how the Jmicron controller interfaces with the mobo.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I do have it working but I have the mini itx board. Didnt do anything special it just worked OOtB. I know Stradivari is looking into the current issues w the Jmicron

It would seem the eSATA port on the mITX board is controlled by the Intel chipset, which explains why it works. :)

Damned JMicron (which ought to work... but doesn't). :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back