Contribute
Register

Anyone uses the OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always liked OCZ products. Heck I've got a 6 year old OCZ flash drive that's still running strong. They make their own controllers and that drive is MLC (as opposed to TLC) which is always a good thing.

Anandtech has a good review of that drive.
"I have to say that the MX100 is still my recommendation for most people because the feature set and value are just amazing, but the ARC 100 is a compelling alternative for desktop users. The better performance consistency makes the ARC 100 more suitable for heavier workloads, so for a user with a heavy-ish IO workload and a tight budget the ARC 100 is a great option."

Received the SSD today, tried to format 3 times and stopped with error. Then the drive bricked. Do not recommend.

I had a similar problem with one of those. Don't believe their quality control is up to par.
Get a refund and go with either Crucial or Samsung.

Yes, I have the OCZ arc 100 120gb. installed on OS-X Yosemite with Trim enabled.

They work fine on a Sata-3, 6gb. connection. Not to good on a Sata-2 or Sata-1 connection however.

I have found that even thought they benchmark lower than Samsung Evo 850''s the OCZ's are more consistent and maybe more reliable.

I have both an I can not tell the difference in daily use.

They are both very fast and work fine with OS-X Mavericks.

I hear there is a New OCZ budget drive out now that is suppose to be faster.

The OCZ Trion 100.

The Samsung Evo 850 seems to work okay with backward compatibility Sata-2 , 3gb.

SSD Drive OCZ 120gb. Arc.........= $53 ( Optional ) ( Works Vanilla with OS-X Yosemite and MS-Windows, Plug and play ) How to enable trim support

OCZ%20arc%20100.jpg

Check this web page for SSD comparisons and benchmarks.

https://sites.google.com/site/199lenovots140hackintosh/component-options

I read the specs, they mention Sata 6gb and that's what I used. On their website there is a mandatory firmware update. I can follow instructions pretty good, however OCZ put out the worst guide on how to update that firmware.

I purchased 2 SSD and didn't even bother to open and try with the second.

Glad to hear someone was successful installing and like this line, but I gave up because I think a to install a SSD, one shouldn't have to do all these steps that OCZ recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back