Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370N
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Anyone use F.lux, Shades, Black Light or other screen dimming/tint software?

They all used to work fine but suddenly they stopped having any effect on my screen. The programs run fine, but the effect is not displayed on screen. The one way I was able to get the effect to work now is to put the machine to sleep and when it wakes it has the tint/color applied.

My question is where would I start to look to try to fix this? I imagine these programs work by adding a layer somewhere in the screen buffer and something is preventing it from showing. I tried changing graphics cards and updating to 10.6.8 and I even recently built a brand new hackintosh running 10.6.8 and it has this problem from the start.

any ideas or insight would be appreciated, these programs save my eyes at night :)
thanks
--Mike

I'm having the same problem as well. Tried replugging the moniter in from the gpu as well and I could also see the effect. This has been bugging me for quite a while now, if anyone has any ideas.. eyes :eek:

WOW FIXED IT

no idea how this would work... but i swapped graphic cards and rebooted and now it works.

I have a gtx275 and a silent gt430... sometimes I swap them around to play games on another machine. The new nvidia driver works fine for both of them. the behaviour was the same with both cards... so somehow the act of just booting with a different card or even re-seating the same card will break or fix this... weird.

happy it's working again though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back