Motherboard
Asus X99-M WS
CPU
E5-2630V4
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Wanting to get fibre channel but unsure of making the investment without knowing if it'll work with OSX on a hackintosh or not...

Please no responses saying "why do you need fibre channel it's expensive" or "use iscsi instead"...

Has anyone successfully or know someone that has successfully used a fibre channel HBA (I'm thinking LSI7x04EP since the Apple branded ones are the same models) with a hackintosh?

bump...

anyone?

I know I am necroing here, but if anyone is wondering, LSI-branded and Apple cards work in Hacks with some limitations. The main problem for me at the moment is that it will only recognize and enumerate one Fibre Channel target LUNs, completely ignoring secondary available targets. I am trying to get to the bottom of the issue, which might be a DSDT edit. Other than that, they work.

Wanting to get fibre channel but unsure of making the investment without knowing if it'll work with OSX on a hackintosh or not...

Please no responses saying "why do you need fibre channel it's expensive" or "use iscsi instead"...

Has anyone successfully or know someone that has successfully used a fibre channel HBA (I'm thinking LSI7x04EP since the Apple branded ones are the same models) with a hackintosh?

Well, duh, if that is what you are looking for, obviously you want to connect to a SAN network :mrgreen:

Used to use an Hp Qlogic in a 2010 Mac Pro to connect to an Xsan network for off line storage. Don't see any reason the HBA wouldn't work in a PC-Mac. Just get one that is supported by Mavericks.

Well, duh, if that is what you are looking for, obviously you want to connect to a SAN network :mrgreen:

Used to use an Hp Qlogic in a 2010 Mac Pro to connect to an Xsan network for off line storage. Don't see any reason the HBA wouldn't work in a PC-Mac. Just get one that is supported by Mavericks.

There are reasons it won't work fully. In hacks, the Apple/LSI cards only detect LUNs of one target.

I know I am necroing here, but if anyone is wondering, LSI-branded and Apple cards work in Hacks with some limitations. The main problem for me at the moment is that it will only recognize and enumerate one Fibre Channel target LUNs, completely ignoring secondary available targets. I am trying to get to the bottom of the issue, which might be a DSDT edit. Other than that, they work.
Did you (or anyone) ever figure out what the solution to this issue could be? I can confirm that the LSI7204EP-LC is recognized in macOS 10.11, but I am hesitant about working with Xsan until I know how to solve the LUN issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back