HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm considering using one of these for a future scratch built case:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-ITX-...upplies_EH&hash=item4602f53e6e#ht_4406wt_1074

$(KGrHqR,!jYE9HvEnCRfBPjpe-0gC!~~60_12.JPG

It's obviously a Chinese version of the picopsu but higher power (bigger) and cheaper. Wondered whether anyone has positive or negative experience of them at all.

lol
I have one of those, got it before my PICO one.

I have yet to use it lol. I need a PSU brick for it me thinks.
I was kinda unsure what Brick to get for it so It has been sitting in my toolbox lol

eelhead said:
lol
I have one of those, got it before my PICO one.

I have yet to use it lol. I need a PSU brick for it me thinks.
I was kinda unsure what Brick to get for it so It has been sitting in my toolbox lol

Ah well, if you ever get it out of your toolbox let me know! There's a guy on eBay UK selling powerbricks up to 200w 12v that'd be ideal - but that's not much use to you..... :)

minihack said:
I'm considering using one of these for a future scratch built case:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-ITX-...upplies_EH&hash=item4602f53e6e#ht_4406wt_1074

$(KGrHqR,!jYE9HvEnCRfBPjpe-0gC!~~60_12.JPG

It's obviously a Chinese version of the picopsu but higher power (bigger) and cheaper. Wondered whether anyone has positive or negative experience of them at all.

The key here is selecting the motherboard with the 24 pin power connector in a position that you can use the device. As with the Pico device and many Mini-ITX form factor cards the memory is too close and may interfere and the cable connectors fall outside of the MB outline which may cause a case interference.

neil

I have a 24 pin 6" extension that I would use, I even have one of those in the Cube.

So minihack I take it any 200w 12v power brick would do?

eelhead said:
I have a 24 pin 6" extension that I would use, I even have one of those in the Cube.

So minihack I take it any 200w 12v power brick would do?

Yes, basically. If it didn't have the right connector it's an easy job to change the connector at the Pico end. It looks to be a better value solution than the regular Picos and allows to push things a little bit further in a small case.

As Neil says of course as it has a overhang (outside the mobo) it does need either a 4cm bigger case or an extension to fit it, but that's not really a dealbreaker.

I was more worried about it coming from China and with no guarantee........whereas the legit lower power ones have more comeback on them if something should go wrong. So just wondered if anyone out there had any horror stories to tell.

Well I have it and it showed up faster then my PCI ribbon extension.
It was well packaged and looks to be in great shape, I have yet to plug it in to see if it will melt my house down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back