Contribute
Register

Anyone tried RX 5700 (XT) with latest public beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems with my 5700 XT after sleep.

I use OpenCore (Macmini8,1 SMBios) without WEG kext and no boot-args. RX5700 XT works perfectly OOB.

Hello, thanks for all the information, I can confirm the Asrock Taichi RX 5700 XT works just perfect!!!. This card has the ports different like the reference model, 2 hdmi, and 4 display ports, the hdmi are first at the left, and the display ports to the right. With WEG + bootargs almost all the ports works, I tried the 2 hdmi, and two of the display ports works!!! I tried multimonitor with 3, two fullhd hdmi and 1 4k display with the display port. I tried even without WEB and without the bootargs, but I disable too the GFX0 to PEG0 patch and the RX 5700 XT works, but just 1 hdmi and 1 display port, the first one counting from the left. But the performance is similar to the Radeon VII that I own, too. The Radeon VII is just a bit faster. Even I tried with Shadow of The Tomb Raider and the performance in 4K is stuning!!!.... With ProApps the performance is just good and stable...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 02.00.26.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 02.00.26.png
    959.1 KB · Views: 266
Guys this is is simply fantastic news! I work in video editing. Please, please, can anyone confirm how it works with the Adobe Suite specifically Premiere CC. Or maybe Final Cut Pro? Very curious if the GPU is used properly when encoding 4k video etc.

Thanks in advance =]

I also got the RX 5700 to work!

Thanks for the boot argument Tipp! How do you guys find out something like this? :D

I found that Inject ATI also needs to be disabled to get the RX 5700 to boot.
And my Board needed Above 4G Decoding to be disabled to let the RX 5700 work the right way.

My RX 580 that I had before, worked with Inject ATI and with 4G Decoding enabled.

I did post a little build guide of my Rig over here:

Guys this is is simply fantastic news! I work in video editing. Please, please, can anyone confirm how it works with the Adobe Suite specifically Premiere CC. Or maybe Final Cut Pro? Very curious if the GPU is used properly when encoding 4k video etc.

Thanks in advance =]

Premiere Pro doesn't use the GPU to encode Videos at all.

The Only GPU Premiere can use for encoding are Intels iGPUs. No Nvidia or AMD is supported by Premieres Encoder.

Premiere Pro doesn't use the GPU to encode Videos at all.

The Only GPU Premiere can use for encoding are Intels iGPUs. No Nvidia or AMD is supported by Premieres Encoder.

Which system definition are you using. The iMacPro doesn’t have IGPU so a lot of us are using that for the card.

Which system definition are you using. The iMacPro doesn’t have IGPU so a lot of us are using that for the card.

I have used iMac 18,3 and 19,1 without a Problem because thats what is close to the hardware I'm running.

I'm running it with WEG and the boot argument flawlessly so far.

I have used iMac 18,3 and 19,1 without a Problem because thats what is close to the hardware I'm running.

I'm running it with WEG and the boot argument flawlessly so far.

Both of those use IGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back