Contribute
Register

Anyone tried eGPU with Thunderbolt 3 on Hackintosh? (Intel NUC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Recently I bought a Akitio Node for my 7th generation intel Nuc (Kaby Lake) mainly to use it in Windows and try it on my MacBook 2016. That has worked fine without any issues. My GPU is an old GeForce 980 Ti.

However as the Intel NUC only have one DP (delivered over USB-C/Thunderbolt interface) and that the HDMI output is not working dualboot my NUC does not work that great running OSX.

OSX detects that I have a NVIDIA card (SystemProfile->PCI), i could even install the web driver without any issues. However activating the web driver does not work, i.e. i'm getting software based rendering that's really, really slow :(

I have nvda_drv=1 in clover/boot and also inject NVidia.

Anyone else got this working?

Yes. I have GTX 1080Ti running successfully inside a Node. I do not have nvda_drv=1 or inject Nvidia checked. Under SystemParameters I do have NvidiaWeb enabled. Also make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi loaded in Clover.

Thanks. I actually got it to work.

Deleted /S/L/E/NV*.kext
Rebooted with nv_disable=1
Re-installed the WebDrivers
Changed the Mac Def = 14,1
Rebooted
Viola - 4k Displayport screen..

However 14,1 does not seems to work with my BT USB stick so I lost my Apple Keyboard.

Running 18,1 (that I prefer) boots my hackintosh and the webdriver is active, I can login to OSX with VNC so the "blank screen" is not a freeze, the web driver just does not know what to do with the output ports on the fgx.

So the Akitio Node does work with the NUC7i7BNH in 10.12.6???
System profiles says thunderbolt: no drivers loaded.
Did you run goalqueues script????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back