Contribute
Register

Anyone successfully installed HS on GA-Z170M-D3H?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello -

I'm kicking myself for ruining my perfectly functioning Hackintosh. But I'm stuck I think my config.plist is ruined. I was wondering if anyone has had success?

Thanks!

FWIW I'm on a GA-Z170X-UD3 and it's working pretty good. Granted not the exact same board. I'm on an earlier BIOS, maybe F6 or F7; there are F21+ BIOSes out there but I've got it in my head that the hassle of upgrading isn't worth it. GA boards in general are pretty good. What issue are you facing exactly?

For basic functionality you need FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiInternet.kext in kexts/other, and I also have CodecCommander.kext as it was suggested by @cnrd's guide for my board. In drivers64UEFI you should have the basics plus afps.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Boot with your IGPU via DVI to a single monitor (inject intel true) and disable or remove temporarily any discrete GPU.

NB do not include EmuVariablesUEFI-64.efi while installing; but you will need it later so make a note to add it in later. I'm attaching an edited version of my config.plist for you to try. It's been stripped of USB, trim, audio and graphics patches, so it's a starting place.

Credit to @cnrd because my starting config came from his guide for my board back on El Capitan. This config uses SMBIOS iMac14,2 and I "rolled the dice" on the serial number so iMessage and such will need to be addressed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 253
No problems here.

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 273
Thanks guys. I can't wait to get home and look at these configs. I'll remove the Nvidia card until that situation sorts itself out.

What is the reason for this?
NB do not include EmuVariablesUEFI-64.efi while installing; but you will need it later so make a note to add it in later. I'm attaching an edited version of my config.plist for you to try. It's been stripped of USB, trim, audio and graphics patches, so it's a starting place.

Any time I've had problems after upgrading, it's always been that I needed to go re-add that EmuVariablesUEFI-64.efi file :)

Also, thanks for sharing, I'm kinda itching to try High Sierra and I'm on the same Board as you..

Thanks

Turns out that the problem was my config.plist was messed up. I was still able to open it in TextEdit so I just created a new config.plist with the same settings. It was working fabulously until I updated Shiki/Lilu/AppleALC and NvidiaGraphicsFixup. Now it crashes on startup. I'll pull the drive and plug it into my MBP and replace with older versions.

Thanks guys!

Glad you got it!

Anyone have sleep working? Under 10.12, my Hack woke perfectly from sleep (even over the network). I have same settings as now but using Aptio2 instead of regular Aptio. Darkwake 8, hibernate 0.

Strange.

What is the reason for this?

Any time I've had problems after upgrading, it's always been that I needed to go re-add that EmuVariablesUEFI-64.efi file :)

Also, thanks for sharing, I'm kinda itching to try High Sierra and I'm on the same Board as you..

Thanks
That EmuVariablesUEFI-64.efi is definitely necessary for day-to-day running of Hackintoshes without working native VRAM, such as GA 100 series boards like mine. You don't need it to install High Sierra and if you boot from a clover with that EFI you may get the unable to install macOS screen. So I have a USB stick with clover, and without that EFI, that I boot from whenever I need to install macOS or an OS update. But for sure if your system requires it (as mine does, and your does) you need it for day-to-day running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back