Contribute
Register

Anyone running a GA-Z77-DS3H successfully installed Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is an old thread but I am having similar issues below,

I am using the multi beast sim p le setup for mavericks

I have
Z77-dash board, i5-3570, and (X2) 4gig chips of ram, also 500 watt power supply

When I started I could not get to the instal, I'd get apple logo, spinning wheel, then it would lock up.

Fixed this by adding PCIRootUID=1 -v

INSTALLED MAVERICKS AND IT REBOOTS TO BOOT SCREEN.

can not get it to load mavericks...I've done it with and without PCIRootUID=1 -v and with and without -v
Each way it hangs up

I've also tried with only 1 stick of ram (4 gig) and 2 (8gig)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've also redone the total install again a few times...

I've set my bios as listed previously (I believe in this chain), using the option optomized...

Cheers

I'm on the same setup and don't need this.

Not using this either - is it definitely useful on this setup?

I see you're using a DSDT - any special reason?

Those kexts/settings are installed by default in MultBeast for both DSDT and DSDT Free options. I used that as my guide and added the other options as needed. MultiBeast actually give you a description of what each of those kexts and settings do.

AppleRTC.kext - is used for controlling the Real-Time Clock (the chip used to keep the computer time even when the system is turned off)

Generate P States saves your CPU from running constantly flat out by decreasing or increasing the frequency or load of the individual CPU cores as per the demand of your apps and computing tasks.

C states enables your CPU to operate in a very low power when your PC is idle e.g, sleep mode being the most common however other C states have different levels of function in this very low power state.

The DSDT gives me audio via HDMI so i can watch videos on my connected HDTV. My DSDT has some other patches that makes my BIOS more OSX aware. The patches were all courtesy of PJALM's Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back