Contribute
Register

Anyone running a GA-Z77-DS3H successfully installed Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the diference between using Drivers > Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and 3rd Party SATA?

I use IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector for cosmetic reasons otherwise my internal SATA drives would display in OS X as External (orange drives).

I've been installing this kext since Snow Leopard but think it might not be needed in ML and Mavs. It's just habit from my days with Snow Leopard.

I would expect to install 3rd Party SATA if i was using a PCI/PCI-E SATA card. This kext would also correct internal SATA drives displaying in OS X as External so select the kext that's applicable to you (not both).

hi all, this is 4 times to re-install maverick.

Installation previous time was simple. I made different Multibeast, i read something in this section, but when i reboot the system, after some second , i got into black screen and monitor go down.
Help me pls!

DS3H
560 GTX ti
samsung 256 pro
16GB

Luca

Try rebooting and then hitting the any key as soon you see the Chimera screen

this will stop the countdown and let you enter boot flags into Chimera

type PCIRootUID=1 -v

If that does not work then try

PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

If that does not work then try the PCIRootUID=0 versions of the aboves

if you achieve success with the above settings then you will need to edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add those boot flag(s) to your Boot.plist but do not include -v

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104463-how-edit-plist.html

P.S. if you can not get to your Chimera screen then insert UniBeast USB and use the boot flags as above

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104538-learning-basics-tonymacx86-101-a.html

All works fine, finally!
USB 3.0 works, Audio Works, Ethernet works, Sleep works.

I overclocked @4.2 (it's stable) and installed hwmonitor.

This is my multi beast :

multibeast2.jpg

Thank you guys, Thank you Pilgrim.

Luca

I used the same audio kexts as you mesco and I don't have any sound. I don't feel confident enough to do Toledo's whole audio installation. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

what is the diference between using Drivers > Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and 3rd Party SATA?

block storage is for orange drive icons on desktop for internal drives
3rd party SATA if driver for non-CPU driven SATA ports like Marvell or JMicron on some boards

MultiBeast 6.0.0 Configuration DS3H(Rev1.0) & Intel HD4000 (no graphics card) + DSDT

Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
I'm on the same setup and don't need this.

Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Not using this either - is it definitely useful on this setup?

I see you're using a DSDT - any special reason?

Hey Kidpub,

I am using a x77-DS3H board running F4 bios and have Mavericks up and running except for the audio.

In System Preferences, it shows the four audio outputs (internal, 2 x built in line outs, and the digital out), but I can't get audio to work coming out of the green 1/8 inch port.

I used the DSDT free, and tried both the 887 options.

Anything you think I should try to get the audio working?

Really appreciate your time.

Hi kipleejones,

I'm using a z77-ds3h board but with F9 bios and mavericks, sound is working with :

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302

All works fine, finally!
USB 3.0 works, Audio Works, Ethernet works, Sleep works.

I overclocked @4.2 (it's stable) and installed hwmonitor.

This is my multi beast :

View attachment 74244

Thank you guys, Thank you Pilgrim.

Luca

Thanks for posting this screen shot. Following this I was able to get my audio up and running on 10.9.2

Hi, is my first post.

I have this motherbord, i'l like to instal maverick only with hd4000. Cpu is i5 3500 ivy. I prepare the usb and it is ok. Now when i boot the apple logo appeared, but after a few second all in stopped and blocked. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back