Contribute
Register

Anyone returing Sandy Bridge Motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebm

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
Graphics
iGPU
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was at a Microcenter this morning and asked about the SB issue.

The sales person said I could bring it back with the receipt and they will send it off and let me know when the new board arrives. She said it may not be until April when they may start coming in.

I told her that's a way off to be without a system. I asked what time frame they had and she said it's 30 days from when you buy the board but thinks they may honor a longer time frame.

Question for you guys/gals are you sending your back or keeping it?

I'm planning on returning mine when Intel starts sending out new boards. I mean, they're recalling the boards, so they'll most likely honor returns if you do it after they start shipping new product. (the shop you originally bought it from may not, but intel should)

there's no reason to be without a board until April, in my opinion, unless you start to experience the sata decay early on.

Keeping til I can get a replacement, and there's some genuine info on the specific motherboards affected by the flaw and the return/exchange procedure from Intel and the Motherboard manufacturers.

Yes but it will take me 2 weeks to get the replacement from newegg after i shipped it back at CA . I live in NYC. I just rma'ed my ud3 . will they stil take mines back?

Nope, not yet.

I have the Asus P8P67-M PRO that I purchased through newegg

Newegg sent out emails stating that they are offering 90+ days return policy for any
of the sb units or until they get new boards in.

They will then notify all the users who have the original boards with instructions for return to newegg with immediate replacement with new sealed units and covering
the cost of shipping.

Newegg service is awesome, most vendors would make you do it yourself via the manufacture which means you eat the shipping.

When they notify me I will send it back for replacement.

Till then my unit is happy powering 4 2tb hd's acting as a large media server and rendering station, no issues to speak of yet and doubtful I will encounter any issues.

Good to know.

I'll hold onto my board until the new one's are ready and they start replacing them.

April is a long way out to be without a system especially since I shelled out major $$ to build it.

Thanks!

ebm said:
I was at a Microcenter this morning and asked about the SB issue.

The sales person said I could bring it back with the receipt and they will send it off and let me know when the new board arrives. She said it may not be until April when they may start coming in.

I told her that's a way off to be without a system. I asked what time frame they had and she said it's 30 days from when you buy the board but thinks they may honor a longer time frame.

Question for you guys/gals are you sending your back or keeping it?

She didn't know what she was talking about... they will either:
1) take it for a full refund now, or
2) allow you to keep it until a replacement is available (sometime in April?), and not subject to the 30 day return period.

it is not clear how long the refund window is open, and Microcenter's own website detailing the policy does not state:

http://www.microcenter.com/storefronts/ ... _info.html

I am unsure wheter to just purchase (and bill Intel/Gigabyte) a PCI Sata port card (do they even work with Hackintosh?) Or go through the recall - dismantle and then rebuild.

Only just recovered from having to fit the CPU cooler :crazy:

Not sure if just running the DVD from the 3/Gbps ports and using the 4 good 6/Gbps including a PCI Sata port card is the better bet.

Time will tell :)

Sparty

Yeah I'll definitely be replacing as well–– ordered a P8P67-M Pro through newegg. While I'm happy with it, I don't want to risk losing write ability several years from now. I'd like this machine to last the next 5 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back