i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
anyone over clocked using the x77 ud5 th?

I have my system overclocked (first hack build). I am running the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH though, not the UD5. So far it is stable with it clocked at 4.8Ghz with XMP enabled to get 1600Mhz memory speed.

I used the "AutoTune" option on the EasyTune Gigabyte app within Windows. I am getting a Geekbench score of 15,054 with the system now.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
i7-3770K
Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB
Corsair H100 (to be replaced with H80 tomorrow)
HD4000 with dual display
onboard NIC

I migrated everything off of my MacBook Pro last night and have been running all day without issue using common work oriented applications, so nothing extreme. It is a glorified office machine, though I may add a GTS 650 or a GTX 650Ti when they come out.

@Xipper

Something doesn't sound quite right with your OC based on my (very limited) experience with the same board.

I have the same board and CPU, XMP enabled on the RAM (4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile) and also using a H100 and I'm hitting just under 16000 in Geekbench with a 4.2Ghz OC compared to your 4.8Ghz.

Haven't messed with voltages, ram timings or anything like that, just enabled the XMP and set the multiplier to 42.

Only thing I can think is your HD4000 graphics are the cause of the lower geekbench rating. (And possibly because I have a dedicated graphics card).

Interestingly I did some testing on the RAM performance boost option (the option that lets you set Normal, Turbo or Extreme) and oddly got the best geekbench score with it set to Normal. (Turbo is the default setting). Seemed a bit counter intuitive to me!

Can I ask why you are switching to a H80 from a H100? In addition, have you checked your temps with hardware monitor?
I thought (from what I've read online) that the 3770K starts to get a bit toasty once you reach 4.5Ghz.

I'm overclocking using the z77 up5-th and a 3570K, Gskill RipjawX DDR3-1600. Very easy overclock -- 4.3 without on stock voltages, just changed the Turbo multipliers to 43 for all 4-cores. The rest of UEFI/BIOS tweaks are for compatibility with Mountain Lion and sleep/shutdown modes. Going to 4.4GHz raised the load temperatures a good deal higher on stock voltage on so I backed it off a little. (100GHz in clock doesn't seem to be a big deal for my usage)

My GB scores are around 13600ish or so. I'm not sure how the above poster got to a GB 16000 but am curious -- I have not tweaked a lot of ram settings or BCLK at this time.

Initially I used air cooling with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink but have switched over to my Swiftech Apogee GTZ, Thermochill PA120.3, and DDC3.2 pump/reservoir. Going to water cooling shaved about 10-15C off of the load temperatures (delta between ambient is around 17-18C) but isn't necessarily quieter in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back