Contribute
Register

Anyone have success with Lenovo ThinkCentre M910q Tiny and OpenCore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uploaded a new EFI folder with OC 0.5.9. Everything works for me, dual monitors, sleep (not deep but never crash), wifi/bt, iMessage, AirDrop, perfect.

Hi the attachment is still the old EFI can you please check.

Here is my working EFI on OpenCore 0.5.8. I plan to publish a guide as soon as I get my Broadcom wifi/bt card replacement. So for this folder I have no wifi/bt kexts. I also included a working USBports.kext to map the USB ports. Hope I didn't exclude my internal wifi/bt card. Will fix that later. I think m92p is a cpu gen. lower so my EFI folder should work. I am amazed at the boot time. I have never seen so fast boot. You can of course turn off the verbose messages. No serials in the config.plist so fix that first. iMac14,1. Was hoping my m910q would be so easy but alas what a pain it is at the moment.

Here is the wifi/bt card I have ordered for the m93p. For my m910q I have a Dell DW1820A. You can be lucky with DW1802A but it is a chance to take, I have had problems with some and just had to dump them. If you can afford it choose a BCM94360NG.

##update##
I updated my EFI to OC 0.5.9 now that I got my wifi card. With the 4 Brcm kexts you see in kexts folder. This card was much cheaper than the M.2 cards I bought for my other hackintoshes. I get great speed with this cards and BT is stable. Included USBPorts.kext for USB mapping. This is a nice Hackintosh. Wish I could fix my m910q :(
View attachment 470042
Hi Asleb, I have a lenovo M93P with i7, and one with I5 I am very happy with the installation of the Gigamaxx guide, being in the experimentation phase I wanted to find out how it went with opencore, I have your same azurewave wifi card, I tried to install on an old disk but the wifi and bluetooth don't work, I think the EFI I downloaded is from before the Azurewave card you then installed, you would do me a great pleasure if you could share the EFI complete with wifi, I just started in this world and i guess i would only do damage if i try to fix it myself, thanks anyway good evening

Hi Asleb, I have a lenovo M93P with i7, and one with I5 I am very happy with the installation of the Gigamaxx guide, being in the experimentation phase I wanted to find out how it went with opencore, I have your same azurewave wifi card, I tried to install on an old disk but the wifi and bluetooth don't work, I think the EFI I downloaded is from before the Azurewave card you then installed, you would do me a great pleasure if you could share the EFI complete with wifi, I just started in this world and i guess i would only do damage if i try to fix it myself, thanks anyway good evening
Hi, just give me some days and I will find the newest EFI running OpenCore 0.6.8 and on Big Sur 11.3. I also have a couple og m93p to test on! I have too many of these machines that I got really cheap :) My favorite wich I use daily is a Lenovo m920x, i5-8500 (65w) 6-core. Just like the Haswell (mp93p), everything works, sleep, multi-monitor etc. The Skylake cpus (like m700) are a pain to configure. The m93p - i7 is a nice box. I also have a HP 800 G1 - i7, about the same. Will get back to you.

Hi, just give me some days and I will find the newest EFI running OpenCore 0.6.8 and on Big Sur 11.3. I also have a couple og m93p to test on! I have too many of these machines that I got really cheap :) My favorite wich I use daily is a Lenovo m920x, i5-8500 (65w) 6-core. Just like the Haswell (mp93p), everything works, sleep, multi-monitor etc. The Skylake cpus (like m700) are a pain to configure. The m93p - i7 is a nice box. I also have a HP 800 G1 - i7, about the same. Will get back to you.
Thanks Asleb, very kind, I had a look on ebay for Lenovo ThinkCentre M920x i5-8500 really a nice machine but, too expensive for my pocket, I would just like to fix the M93P i7 that goes decently for the low cost and, it's really small, I really thank you for your help, I wait for your news, have a nice day

I am testing M910q-i7-7700T, Catalina every thing ok, but slow boot performance, running kind of stable. I update open core 0.6.8 for Big Sur 11.3, but running trouble now. Keep rebooting itself once after update the Big Sur looks like never finish installation.

I am testing M910q-i7-7700T, Catalina every thing ok, but slow boot performance, running kind of stable. I update open core 0.6.8 for Big Sur 11.3, but running trouble now. Keep rebooting itself once after update the Big Sur looks like never finish installation.
I experienced the same thing with installing MacOS Big Sur directly on a m93p. Endless reboots in the final stage. I gave it up and installed Catalina. That works great. Then I upgraded the drive on another Mac, put it back in and Big Sur is running fine. Your m910q should have no problem. Have you updated to latest BIOS? I would do this through Lenovo Vantage. Also what changes did you do to Bios setup after setting default? I see I have done a m910q with OpenCore 0.5.9 about a year ago with Catalina. Not sure if I had sleep problems with that one or why I sold it.

I experienced the same thing with installing MacOS Big Sur directly on a m93p. Endless reboots in the final stage. I gave it up and installed Catalina. That works great. Then I upgraded the drive on another Mac, put it back in and Big Sur is running fine. Your m910q should have no problem. Have you updated to latest BIOS? I would do this through Lenovo Vantage. Also what changes did you do to Bios setup after setting default? I see I have done a m910q with OpenCore 0.5.9 about a year ago with Catalina. Not sure if I had sleep problems with that one or why I sold it.
what is your best mini machine for running macOS? m910q just a pain, I give up too. I have HP 800G2 tiny running very stable, only have sleep issue. The reason trying m910q it comes with i7 but 800G2 only i3.

what is your best mini machine for running macOS? m910q just a pain, I give up too. I have HP 800G2 tiny running very stable, only have sleep issue. The reason trying m910q it comes with i7 but 800G2 only i3.
The easiest to hack with everything working is the Haswell models. I have a HP 800 G1 with i7-4790T (2.7ghz 4C/8T). That was a good deal. I have also a HP 800 G2 i7-6700 (3.4ghz 4C/8T). But like you I have never got sleep to work. Not really on any Skylake cpu. Too bad because the HP 800 G2 is a really fast hackintosh. At least 30 full tracks in Logic X. I think the Coffee Lake models are now the best price/performance and everything works on my Lenovo m920x. I have the non-T version i5-8500 3ghz with runs at 65W and beats the i7 T-version! Still I do not see the fan blowing much. The Coffee Lakes are not as easy to hack as Haswell but with @deeveedee fantastic post I managed it. These mini-PCs with Radeon RX560 sound great but I never tried them. And remember they all use T-versions cpu. I also read they run hot and I want small and quiet! If you are looking for something small with GPU performance, make an ITX build. My dream mini-pc would be a i7-8700T or i7-9700T. They do not run hot. Or the i5-9500. But those models are rare and not easy to get cheap. So answer to your question is maybe Coffee Lake models :) You can replace the CPU with an i7 from Ebay but it is cheaper to buy an i7 model. I upgraded a m93p to i7 but then I got the box almost for free.

Look at these alongside each other and you see.

I had the same problem with my Lenovo m93p. I kept getting messages: "disk3: device is write locked." I removed the wifi card and installation finished fine. Strange.
#update# - After installing Big Sur I put the wifi card back and I can still boot. I had problems getting the BCM94352HMB card to work on wifi so I had to remove the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from the plugins folder of the kext and remove the entry (for the kext I removed) in config.plist. The simple method is to remove the kext and run CMD+R from ProperTree on the OC folder.

Last edited:
The easiest to hack with everything working is the Haswell models. I have a HP 800 G1 with i7-4790T (2.7ghz 4C/8T). That was a good deal. I have also a HP 800 G2 i7-6700 (3.4ghz 4C/8T). But like you I have never got sleep to work. Not really on any Skylake cpu. Too bad because the HP 800 G2 is a really fast hackintosh. At least 30 full tracks in Logic X. I think the Coffee Lake models are now the best price/performance and everything works on my Lenovo m920x. I have the non-T version i5-8500 3ghz with runs at 65W and beats the i7 T-version! Still I do not see the fan blowing much. The Coffee Lakes are not as easy to hack as Haswell but with @deeveedee fantastic post I managed it. These mini-PCs with Radeon RX560 sound great but I never tried them. And remember they all use T-versions cpu. I also read they run hot and I want small and quiet! If you are looking for something small with GPU performance, make an ITX build. My dream mini-pc would be a i7-8700T or i7-9700T. They do not run hot. Or the i5-9500. But those models are rare and not easy to get cheap. So answer to your question is maybe Coffee Lake models :) You can replace the CPU with an i7 from Ebay but it is cheaper to buy an i7 model. I upgraded a m93p to i7 but then I got the box almost for free.

Look at these alongside each other and you see.
thanks for the detail explains. I have two laptop HP prebook 4540s Haswell model work very well, but too old now. I will have one m920q i7-8700T to test on. thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back