Contribute
Register

Anyone have Mojave working with HD 530?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed...what's your DeviceID set to for your graphics card?
In Devices > Fake ID > IntelGFX, I have to use 0x12345678 in order to boot. In Graphics > ig-platform-id, I have it set to 0x19120000 for Skylake, but leaving it blank or changing to another value makes no difference for me. After more research its looking like a framebuffer patch is necessary on Skylake...

In Devices > Fake ID > IntelGFX, I have to use 0x12345678 in order to boot. In Graphics > ig-platform-id, I have it set to 0x19120000 for Skylake, but leaving it blank or changing to another value makes no difference for me. After more research its looking like a framebuffer patch is necessary on Skylake...

I don't seem to have FakeID set up...at least I can't see it anywhere in Devices under Clover Configurator.

Is that necessary?

As far as I know, its not necessary on most hardware but apparently it is on some.. Not sure what dependancies there are for it to be needed.

Have you tried removing it?

Wanted to update this thread in case it helps someone else out.

I had previously set my SMBIOS to 14.2. I changed it to 17.1 and, knock on wood, it seems like my video freezing issue has been fixed. Tried the Launchpad test over and over again...no freeze. Ran Cinebench a few times with no crashes.

Have now been running a GPU stress test for about 30 minutes now with no issues as well.

Hopefully that did it!

Wanted to update this thread in case it helps someone else out.

I had previously set my SMBIOS to 14.2. I changed it to 17.1 and, knock on wood, it seems like my video freezing issue has been fixed. Tried the Launchpad test over and over again...no freeze. Ran Cinebench a few times with no crashes.

Have now been running a GPU stress test for about 30 minutes now with no issues as well.

Hopefully that did it!

I'm also currently having graphics issues with hd 530 and mojave. In about my mac it shows 1536mb for HD530 but animations are very sluggish and choppy.

Can you post your EFI folder so I can take a look at your kexts and config list?

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I know I'm so close and it can be done, plus I don't want buy a dGPU if I don't have to.

I'm also currently having graphics issues with hd 530 and mojave. In about my mac it shows 1536mb for HD530 but animations are very sluggish and choppy.

Can you post your EFI folder so I can take a look at your kexts and config list?

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I know I'm so close and it can be done, plus I don't want buy a dGPU if I don't have to.

Hope this helps out. In System Report, it shows me that Metal is supported. The one issue I still have is with sleep/wake, but I believe that is already a known issue with HD530. I just turned all power saving features off.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 238
I have hd 530 working fine in Mojave with 193B0005 id. With whatever kext and lily no other settings required in config.

That worked!!!

MAJOR, MAJOR THANKS!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back