Contribute
Register

Anyone have luck with Samsung PM1725a NVME SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i7-13700k
Graphics
radeon pro vii
Hi!

Anyone have luck with Samsung PM1725a NVME SSD?
I've tried both U.2 and PCI-E versions, kernel simply hangs during boot.
I've tried to reformat it with different sector sizes, but no luck.

Hardware: Asus X299 Deluxe

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 169
Hi,

If you want the NVMe to work there are a number of issues you need to resolve first, the most important of which is the format of the drive AND the availability of the macOS NVMe driver.
Please refer to this thread for more info: link

Hi,

If you want the NVMe to work there are a number of issues you need to resolve first, the most important of which is the format of the drive AND the availability of the macOS NVMe driver.
Please refer to this thread for more info: link

I've already have working NVME (with HGST drives). Intel, HGST works, but samsung crashes kernel during boot.

Hi man, is your pm1725a ready to install MacOS? Is your pm1725a plug-in or U.2 interface?

Hi man, is your pm1725a ready to install MacOS? Is your pm1725a plug-in or U.2 interface?

i've tried both plug-in and u.2 drives with mojave - no luck

i've tried both plug-in and u.2 drives with mojave - no luck
Are you a Dell OEM? It seems to be supported after 10.14.5. Is it convenient for you to try it?

Are you a Dell OEM? It seems to be supported after 10.14.5. Is it convenient for you to try it?

i've tested in past with 10.14.1. will try today and post results here.

No luck, my friend, it still hangs at boot (10.14.6). I've tried U.2 disk (seems that this is SUN OEM drive, but it doesn't have any labels except standard samsung label).

Hello,

I have the same bug (not kernel panic but freezes) with a Samsung PM1733 U.2. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back