Contribute
Register

Anyone have HDMI Audio working on yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i7-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Just wondering if anyone has HDMI Audio (nvidia gfx card) working on yosemite yet? The old methods on mavericks (HDMIAudio.kext and the ssdt method), both seem a no goer for me at the moment. Any other methods or threads someone can link me to that work on yosemite?

Just wondering if anyone has HDMI Audio (nvidia gfx card) working on yosemite yet? The old methods on mavericks (HDMIAudio.kext and the ssdt method), both seem a no goer for me at the moment. Any other methods or threads someone can link me to that work on yosemite?

It's not working for me either, having to use an external card. Can't get my mic to work either

The old methods on mavericks (HDMIAudio.kext and the ssdt method), both seem a no goer for me at the moment.
Yosemite dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio verified working:
HD3000
HD4000
HD4600
AMD
Nvidia

No support for HDMIAudio.kext on this site, contact the developer.

Yosemite dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio verified working:
HD3000
HD4000
HD4600
AMD
Nvidia

No support for HDMIAudio.kext on this site, contact the developer.

Thanks toleda for all your great work, I just found your guide on another site and am going to go through it in a bit, seems straight forward enough.

Using Voodoo

Using voodoo and have great HDMI audio, of course no volume control though.

I'm using the dsdt and AppleHDA from Mavericks and it's working great on Yosemite, both audio and HDMI.

HDMI Audio working here EVGA GT640 1st gen. No DSDT or SSDT edits. Using kext found elsewhere.

Funny thing is....when i look in System Information, the kext I used to enable HDMI audio isn't even loaded yet it's still working great since I installed it.
Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.32.21 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back