Contribute
Register

Anyone have gotten their 900 series Nvidia card working with Yosemite yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Blackbox
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
GTX 760 - Awaiting for 900 series compat.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a 970 laying around from a desktop that I sold, and want to replace my 760 with it, the Nvidia web driver for the 900 series Mac does not work with Hackintoshes I guess.

I got a GTX 970 g1 but I'm having trouble getting it to work all the way. So far #ramgate is quite a bit more of an issue for me than other people since I only have access to 7mb of vram XD. I am able to boot with nv_disable=1, installed both the Cuba and Web drivers, but neither of them have worked. Basic operations like loading a Web page will cripple frame rates to what looks to be somewhere around 3-12 fps, and the screen will often refresh really slowly and in 1/2" horizontal strips moving down the screen.

I'm having the exact same problems. I also have a g1 970 and have the same animation problem. It really ruins the experience for me :/

I have a 970 laying around from a desktop that I sold, and want to replace my 760 with it, the Nvidia web driver for the 900 series Mac does not work with Hackintoshes I guess.

I have the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming and it's working well with the Nvidia web drivers.

I followed these instructions for installing.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1-01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html

Hope that helps. Good luck.

EDIT: Please note that I can confirm it works in both Chimera and Clover.

I have an ASUS GTX 960 that I just installed today. I am using the latest web drivers that were released a few days ago. So far so good. I'm playing WoW and running 160 fps on ultra.

Since I raleady had the drivers installed, all i did was pop out the old card and plug in the 960.

Worked like a charm! Full acceleration in OSX!

I am gla Red Rouge helped you find that topic. I myself have a Asus Strix GTX 960 and I have it running on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Board. I have my system booting with out any KP completely OOTB. All I did was use onboard graphics until I installed Web Drivers and Cuda. And once I got "Nvda_drv=1" into boot loader as well as the "kext-dev-mode=1" (was already there but others where having issues) everything runs I don't even need to use -v and I have ran it solid for 2 hours with out a crash, Also Dual booted Windows 10 Technical Preview. I am downloading LOL right now to see if anything Performance wise will get the fans to spin. Mine are not. @RedRouge are you having any issue with yours? The Strix only turn the Fans on when necessary I know this is fully functional on the Windows side, but curious to know if mine should be spinning all the time. Or if the System only spins it when needed like it is designed.

From what I can tell, the fans are adjusting properly as needed. My set up is so quiet, I hardly notice.

So far the ASUS GTX 960 seems to be pretty stable and solid. No issues at the moment.

FYI: I'm using Clover v3156

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back