Contribute
Register

Anyone have Antelope Orion Studio working on Designare z390 via thunderbolt 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm having trouble knowing which part of guide to follow. I see the latest ones use HackinDROM is this the one to use?

@Leesureone is right.

Look for compatible Thunderbolt devices there. Hint: you'll need to enable AppleVTD.

i'm having trouble knowing which part of guide to follow. I see the latest ones use HackinDROM is this the one to use?
i'm trying this one tonight for transfering from clover to OC. and then I'll do the AppleVTD thing for my discrete 8 to work...

** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore **

** Enabling AppleVTD on Z390 Designare with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **

Have fun yall! There's tons of info over there. Just take your time and read over and over.

i'm trying this one tonight for transfering from clover to OC. and then I'll do the AppleVTD thing for my discrete 8 to work...

Good luck, make a backup, and have a bootable version of your current clover configuration. Then be sure to check for remnants of clover and then set up your new USB drive with OpenCore. https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/tree/master/clover-conversion

Good luck. Let me know how it goes

it is not as complex as it sounds

there is mention here:
Thanks

Good luck. Let me know how it goes
so 2 days later and after few little (big questionmarkss) errors I finally got it working. My antelope discrete 8 works through thunderbolt! on Mojave

so 2 days later and after few little (big questionmarkss) errors I finally got it working. My antelope discrete 8 works through thunderbolt! on Mojave
Thats the stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back