Contribute
Register

Anyone have a quiet fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
xequtor said:
in 10.7.3 my fan was quiet but after upgrade to 10.7.4 it runs almost all the time.
The multiplier is like on/off switch 8x or x27, just sometime I see x26 or x16.
I have i5-2410M and 1080p LCD and use dsdt for i7 from HP Installer because of 1080p LCD.
Is there any solution to make the multiplier work? The fan runs at 2701rpm
It sounds like it's more power management related. Did you try this SSDT?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 57#p392857

I have SSDT in my Extras but did not check what is SSDT about, can I use yours from SSDT_i5M.aml.zip with my 2410M? It goes only up to 2900. (x27)

Somtimes this week I'll get my i7-2720QM then need new one.

xequtor said:
I have SSDT in my Extras but did not check what is SSDT about, can I use yours from SSDT_i5M.aml.zip with my 2410M? It goes only up to 2900. (x27)

CPU will ignore any states that are not supported. My 2430M stops around 28 or 29.

BigDonkey said:
xequtor said:

CPU will ignore any states that are not supported. My 2430M stops around 28 or 29.

installed the SSDT, i see now different states but now the lowest is x9 before x8 and idle at 891Mhz before 791Mhz

xequtor said:
installed the SSDT, i see now different states but now the lowest is x9 before x8 and idle at 891Mhz before 791Mhz
Trim the top package in SSDT, change the size to from 0x17 to 0x16, compile, save and try again.

SSDT.png

Attachments

• SSDT.png
    SSDT.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 220
BigDonkey said:
xequtor said:
Trim the top package in SSDT, change the size to from 0x17 to 0x16, compile, save and try again.

SSDT.png

cant compile, Error Initializer list longer than declared package length

xequtor said:
cant compile, Error Initializer list longer than declared package length

Name (APSS, Package (0x16) didn't work?

try

Name (APSS, Package ()
instead.

BigDonkey said:
Name (APSS, Package (0x16) didn't work?

try

Name (APSS, Package ()
instead.

Name (APSS, Package () worked , thx.

well it compiled but still min. x9

xequtor said:

Try again to trim another package and maybe two, three more times if necessary to see what effect is going to be on your CPU P-states.

BigDonkey said:
xequtor said:

Try again to trim another package and maybe two, three more times if necessary to see what effect is going to be on your CPU P-states.

Got my i7 yesterday and right-away installed it so now need right one for i7-2720QM

BigDonkey said:
rev.604

Tested for an hour on my i3 system without any issues.

may i use this w my 4730s (i2310m 8gb)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back