Contribute
Register

Anyone has USB 3.0 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customizing USB with hackintool

What @fangf2018 said. I was able to update from Mojave to Catalina without any issues. Swear, it was just like my Macbook Pro update :)
Use Hackintool to map your USB ports. You'll wonder why you ever put up with all the USB temp fixes every update.

What @fangf2018 said. I was able to update from Mojave to Catalina without any issues. Swear, it was just like my Macbook Pro update :)
Use Hackintool to map your USB ports. You'll wonder why you ever put up with all the USB temp fixes every update.
Most people use general OS-X-USB-Inject-All to solve USB problems, but KextsToPatch is needed to solve port restrictions.
Customizing USB would not have such a problem.

Most people use general OS-X-USB-Inject-All to solve USB problems, but KextsToPatch is needed to solve port restrictions.
Customizing USB would not have such a problem.
did you upgrade to 10.15 ? I have same board and cpu as yours ,just onboard gpu ,failed to boot ,with black screen.

but KextsToPatch is needed to solve port restrictions

You probably shouldn't be using the port limit removal patch on a long term basis, and should properly limit your install to 15 ports once you have them all mapped out.

Many tend to over-simplify the problem, and, for example, believe they can simply apply the port-limit patch and install USBInjectAll.kext and be done with it. In fact, the port limit patch is known to cause problems (it causes access outside a fixed array bounds).

You probably shouldn't be using the port limit removal patch on a long term basis, and should properly limit your install to 15 ports once you have them all mapped out.

QQ20191010-152923.png

Yes, the port limit patch works. But read the post I linked, it clobbers a fixed length array that macOS uses and can potentially write into areas of memory it's not supposed to. You should use it only to map out your ports so that you can create a proper SSDT that limits you to 15 ports, bearing in mind each USB3 port counts as 2 (one SS and one HS port).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back