Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Anyone had any luck with Asus Prime Z490-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I would do. As I mentioned somewhere above (scroll up) the AMD RX 580 is probably a decent choice for your needs. Sure, there are arguably more capable dGPUs, depending on what's needed, but the 580 seems fine even for casual gaming. I have no complaints.
This is gonna sound ultra stupid but the z590 i have says compat. with SLI, I can still use an AMD board in it tho?

ALso in the Nvidia world what card is that compared to?

This is gonna sound ultra stupid but the z590 i have says compat. with SLI, I can still use an AMD board in it tho?

ALso in the Nvidia world what card is that compared to?
I don't see why not. With most boards, if it supports SLI, it also supports Crossfire (the AMD equivalent). Check the specs if you're uncertain.

Are you asking what NVidia card the AMD RX 580 compares to? Here's a good starting point for comparison (as good as any).

I also just read in the buyers guide that you can ONLY use Radeon RX 5700 XT in any builds later than Catalina 10.15.2+ is this true as well? Thought i saw somewhere about 12.1

I also just read in the buyers guide that you can ONLY use Radeon RX 5700 XT in any builds later than Catalina 10.15.2+ is this true as well? Thought i saw somewhere about 12.1
Totally false. Seems fine in Monterey, Big Sur, and in Catalina also.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW can it be ANY RX 580 or does it need to be a certain brand too?

BTW can it be ANY RX 580 or does it need to be a certain brand too?
Sometimes there are subtle differences between brands (with most cards). I'm using an ASUS branded RX 580, but I should think any brand would work out fine.

alright guys first of all I cant update my build details regarding my z590 chipset because that chipset isnt in the dropdown nor is my motherboard model.... anyways will I be able to use some of my current EFI to build for the z590 chipset? (I Already have a Sapphire RX 580 on the way)

alright guys first of all I cant update my build details regarding my z590 chipset because that chipset isnt in the dropdown nor is my motherboard model.... anyways will I be able to use some of my current EFI to build for the z590 chipset? (I Already have a Sapphire RX 580 on the way)
The Z590 isn't technically supported (yet). Don't let that scare you, though. It's the likely reason that it's not in the dropdown. As information is more widely available, as to compatibility, I suppose that will change.

Also, with the RX 580, you may need to have CSM enabled in BIOS (and adjust its settings to favour UEFI).

The Z590 isn't technically supported (yet). Don't let that scare you, though. It's the likely reason that it's not in the dropdown. As information is more widely available, as to compatibility, I suppose that will change.

Also, with the RX 580, you may need to have CSM enabled in BIOS (and adjust its settings to favour UEFI).
I havent gotten the video card but I wanna start building the EFI.... with it not really being supported yet where do i start? I saw another thread with success on this rog strix z590 board but he didnt post his EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back