Status
Not open for further replies.
some machines require them, others do not

i used them on my laptop for hdmi audio out
but do not need them now

may be because I used:
https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime

and used the .aml file and renames from above link

also played around with the device properties for the frame buffers section and now i have hdmi and dp output without the kexts
I intend todo the same unfortunately I got stopped at usb mapping turning into a hardware problem lmao. So anyways I got a better board out of the deal if they send me another one that works now.

You might want to upgrade your profile with specs of the new motherboard in lieu of the next great adventure!

i have asus prime z490a.

I have Monterey up and running with opencore 0.7.4

only issue i have so far is shutdown and restart is bit glitchy, other than that everything works minus bluetooth.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 12.29.47 AM.png

Last edited:
If you have your USBPorts.kext from Catalina or Big Sur, whatever ports were working then should still be working in Monterey.

I can't help directly with your wifi and bluetooth issues, as I don't use either, however there are widespread issues with bluetooth not working due to Apple dumping many of the chipsets from Monterey. If you search through the threads you'll be sure to find relevant info. Cheers.

If you have your USBPorts.kext from Catalina or Big Sur, whatever ports were working then should still be working in Monterey.

I can't help directly with your wifi and bluetooth issues, as I don't use either, however there are widespread issues with bluetooth not working due to Apple dumping many of the chipsets from Monterey. If you search through the threads you'll be sure to find relevant info. Cheers.
thats what i did thanks. actually the more i'm using it. i'm running into a lot of random reboot issues, not sure if it's my config.plist or monterey itself.

I'm not having any reboot issues. In fact, it's remarkably stable. Here's my config.plist for comparison, hope it helps.

Update: For the benefit of others coming across this post, this config.plist is from OpenCore 0.7.4, not from Clover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya guys soon as Im sure this is the replacement, but it looks like besides having to wait a couple more days they are now sending me a brand new unboxed ROG STRIX Z490E unit so soon as it arrives and is running monterey ill let yall know lol!

Well it sure wont be an asus product.. they dont expect to have it in stock to the point where they want me to send in my broken unit and wait 4 weeks to get a refund does anyone else find that unacceptable? I know there is a shortage world wide going on but 4 weeks just to write a check? a wire money to a bank acct?

ANyways time to start the search for a good board that will run monterey and big sur along with windows 11

Last edited:
I'm not having any reboot issues. In fact, it's remarkably stable. Here's my config.plist for comparison, hope it helps.

Update: For the benefit of others coming across this post, this config.plist is from OpenCore 0.7.4, not from Clover.
Thanks! this solved my reboot issues.

The only thing I seem to lost is the audio, are you using the onboard audio Realtek ALC S1220A??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back