Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Anyone had any luck with Asus Prime Z490-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you certain your PS/U is OK? And (yes, I know this is basic stuff but still easily overlooked) did you triple check all the connectors were in the right places? :D
Yup all connectors are in the right place.

Are you certain your PS/U is OK? And (yes, I know this is basic stuff but still easily overlooked) did you triple check all the connectors were in the right places? :D
you mean everything connected properly cuz thats a definite yes.. or were u referring to possible hardware failure?

Yes, possible hardware failure. From memory, you mentioned your new board was D.O.A. but you didn't elaborate on that; whether or not the board was still receiving power. A dead power supply can easily trick you into thinking the board is dead, especially after late night troubleshooting. Heh, I fooled myself once and even returned a board though R.A. channels only to get a response (something like) "Dude, there's nothing wrong with this board!"

Yes, possible hardware failure. From memory, you mentioned your new board was D.O.A. but you didn't elaborate on that; whether or not the board was still receiving power. A dead power supply can easily trick you into thinking the board is dead, especially after late night troubleshooting. Heh, I fooled myself once and even returned a board though R.A. channels only to get a response (something like) "Dude, there's nothing wrong with this board!"

yes but the same power supply is running the pc im talking to you on right now with no issues besides the usb 2 speeds.

Also the problem with the replacement is im getting qcode 10 which my research points to memory error but the memory is fine. SO far ive had a person in corporate tell me it was ethernet related, one agent told me memory so i ordered new memory didnt resolve issue, another person told me its cpu issue on the board and it is DOA. Im exhausted with this problem tbh!

Last edited:
Ah, ok, the replacement board is working well enough to generate errors then, which means it wasn't DOA, just FOA (a less commonplace technical term). Is this the replacement Prime Z490-A (though I'd guess you'll be waiting longer for that) or just another one to use in the meantime?

It's probably best to wait for a replacement of the original board in any case. For a little inspiration, my upgrade to Monterey (using OC 0.7.4) on the same board went smoothly. There's a general issue regarding the current lack of Bluetooth support (which I don't use anyway) but everything else seems fine using my OC 0.7.4 EFI folder from Big Sur installation. There. Inspired?

Ah, ok, the replacement board is working well enough to generate errors then, which means it wasn't DOA, just FOA (a less commonplace technical term). Is this the replacement Prime Z490-A (though I'd guess you'll be waiting longer for that) or just another one to use in the meantime?

It's probably best to wait for a replacement of the original board in any case. For a little inspiration, my upgrade to Monterey (using OC 0.7.4) on the same board went smoothly. There's a general issue regarding the current lack of Bluetooth support (which I don't use anyway) but everything else seems fine using my OC 0.7.4 EFI folder from Big Sur installation. There. Inspired?
No they don’t have the prime z490a in stock so they gave me a ROG strix z490e instead because I’ve had hellish support from them the past several weeks! They only upgraded me cuz of stock issues tho…. Anyways so u no longer think it’s a power supply issue either right? I really think it’s the board but I suppose there is one last thing that bugs me is my case connectors…….

... Anyways so u no longer think it’s a power supply issue either right? ...
Well, no, not if it's working fine on the current board. You could try re-seating your ram (just thinking of the supposed memory related error code you mentioned) and see if that makes any difference.

educate me please? like why not?
some machines require them, others do not

i used them on my laptop for hdmi audio out
but do not need them now

may be because I used:
https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime

and used the .aml file and renames from above link

also played around with the device properties for the frame buffers section and now i have hdmi and dp output without the kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back