Contribute
Register

Anyone got the LG 34" 34WK95U Monitor Working on Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying you have HiDPI mode working? What were the steps you took to get that working? can you post your EFI folder? And mention any other graphics related kexts you might have installed?

I don't remember having any special hacks/kexts installed.

I bought the monitor and plug it directly to the DP on 1080Ti it didn't work, then I bought the Thunderbolt card and it's still not running at full resolution until last week.
I saw the new updates for Webdriver and figured maybe Nvidia has fixed it for me so I tried and succeed.

FYI. I haven't updated my EFI stuff for months, things could be pretty outdated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.3 MB · Views: 254
did anyone else tried this? I am running Mojave on RX580 thru DP 34WK95U best I get 2560x1080 HiDPI, higher resolution unusable

I am using LG 34" 34uc99-w connected via display port to Geforce GTX 970 and absolutely no problem (running at High Sierra, because of Nvidia card)

I am using LG 34" 34uc99-w connected via display port to Geforce GTX 970 and absolutely no problem (running at High Sierra, because of Nvidia card)
Your reports are not relevant to us. Of course your monitor is working fine, it has a maximum resolution of 3440x1440. monitors of that resolution have always worked correctly. The issue we are trying to solve is with our higher resolution 5Kx2K monitors.

g\

I finally got this going. I could have sworn i tried this before and it did not work, but i suspect part of the issue was i was using the SwitchResX trial. I had read about issues with certain features in trial (or "found" serial) modes, I decided to buy it (its only $16) and it ended up being the best $16 i've spent in a while.

First i installed it on my real mac laptop, which as i reported before, was working correctly. I then used switchresX to "view" the exact settings that the laptop was using natively to run the display properly at the scaled resolution i wanted. I was then able to make an exact replica of those settings as a custom resolution on my hackintosh. Apply and viola- i almost could not believe my eyes. I now have both of these monitors running side by side in glorious scaled (5120x2160-scaled to 6720x2834- "UI Looks Like" 3360x1417) HiDPI mode off my Radeon VII. As an added bonus, somehow through this process the system preferences display settings now show the proper settings menu with scaled options for "larger text" and "more space" as it should for a HiDPI capable monitor- instead of just a list of resolutions like it did before. I can also choose 3840x1620, 5120x2160, 2560x1080 and 2048x864 using this menu. This is all working perfectly now!

g\

I finally got this going. I could have sworn i tried this before and it did not work, but i suspect part of the issue was i was using the SwitchResX trial. I had read about issues with certain features in trial (or "found" serial) modes, I decided to buy it (its only $16) and it ended up being the best $16 i've spent in a while.

First i installed it on my real mac laptop, which as i reported before, was working correctly. I then used switchresX to "view" the exact settings that the laptop was using natively to run the display properly at the scaled resolution i wanted. I was then able to make an exact replica of those settings as a custom resolution on my hackintosh. Apply and viola- i almost could not believe my eyes. I now have both of these monitors running side by side in glorious scaled (5120x2160-scaled to 6720x2834- "UI Looks Like" 3360x1417) HiDPI mode off my Radeon VII. As an added bonus, somehow through this process the system preferences display settings now show the proper settings menu with scaled options for "larger text" and "more space" as it should for a HiDPI capable monitor- instead of just a list of resolutions like it did before. I can also choose 3840x1620, 5120x2160, 2560x1080 and 2048x864 using this menu. This is all working perfectly now!

g\

Still working? Need to try it right NOW my hackintosh Mojave 10.4.2 with LG 5K2K thru DisplayPort cable on RX580

Purchased SwitchResX 4.9.0 went to Custom Resolution, added 6720x2834, rebooted. Louched SwitchResX now I see 3360x1417 60Hz HiDPI, applying this one and LG shows poor quality, no luck. What do I missing here? Maybe some specific type in's at Custom Resolution menu, because I filled on Scaled Resolution

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.10.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.10.47.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 576
  • Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.10.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.10.58.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 314
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back