Contribute
Register

Anyone got a Dual Xeon working on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

I've got the fresh install going and it seems to be behaving better, but still need to continue to stress test it. I have it churning through R3Ds in Resolve right now.

I have a 2009 cMP with dual XEONs that works with all the recent (and not so recent) versions of MacOS. It's a bad joke and not a fair comparison.

I would recommend a FirePro W7000 card to get things working initially. They're not bad video cards and work with the widest number of versions of MacOS without custom kexts. Once you get the latest version of HS running, you'll have better luck with video cards.

I have an install of mojave going... Two actually.

The issue is stability. Though the fresh install is better, when stress testing the machine by running DaVinci Resolve through some challenging footage that stresses the cpus and gpu, it seems to work fine and then eventually (about 40 minutes in to the last test) Resolve stops rendering and while the system isn't frozen it slowly starts locking up and hanging on processes. Sometimes I've seen kernel_task start shooting up in cpu usage (which I've read the OS does when it thinks things are overheating.

I posted my EFI in the thread in the Mojave forum, but I can cross post if it would help.

Thanks

EFI is attached. Still no progress on my end. Tried AppleHDADisabler kext that someone recommended, but to no avail.

Unfortunately I don't know whether or not the issues are due to the Radeon VII or something else as I don't have another compatible card to test (was Nvidia til now).

Edit: as a note: I have also tried installing all kexts except fakesmc to /L/E to no avail.

Attachments

• EFI_alg.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hello, I'm a new person. Can I successfully install the dual e2690 V3 and supermicro x10dri? If it's convenient, can you give me a tutorial? Thank you very much.

I don't know if someone still interested because it's an old MB and old CPU.. But I succeed to install catalina with Rx560 4gb
Capture d’écran 2020-12-22 à 08.07.22.png

hey ppl .. i am trying to install HS on my friend's system - a dual Xeon E 5620 with Super x8dal i Mobo and 20Gg of RAM and GT 710 2GB DDR3 GPU on opencore ..
i get past the verbose mode, go into installation.. and when it s about 2 minutes to completion.. it gives the error " An error occured while preparing the installaiton.. "

thinking its a date issue . i modified it .. still same ..

earlier i had tried same using unibeast ... the installation was done .. but i had heavy graphics glitches .. Chorme wont even load ..

please help me fix this ..

@pastrychef ... Please help me... It's been about a month with this ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back