Contribute
Register

Anyone got a Dual Xeon working on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running a Z9PA-D8 as well (with a GTX 980).
Indeed no signal to the monitor when running with Nvidia web driver enabled.

What I notice is that there is still HD activity when the screen goes black.
What I also noticed is that is appears the graphics card shuts down (fans stop spinning) as soon as the web driver gets initialized.

Checking the log files (when rebooting with the web drivers disabled) there is no obvious error after enabling the web drivers.

But rest assured I haven't found anybody that got a graphics card working properly on this board.

Only a 'rumour' that someone got it working with the earliest bios that was published.

Oh.. rest is working fine (with the generic xhci kext).

Hello all up date on messing around with the Z9PE-D8 WS system I have at last got it up and running with pretty much every thing working, picks up the gtx1070 graphic card fully and 5k and yes you do need to put the graphics card in the 5th slot like what every one say's for it to pick it up with the nvida web drivers (it will pick the card up in slot 1 but will not load the drivers unless it's in slot5) and with lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext installed in the efi partition efi/clover/kexts/other and iv also installed them to my library/extension folder as well (don't know if that's needed as well but it works for me)

Tho my nvme drives are showing (photos enclosed) they seem to be running slow tho "300-500" defiantly no where near the speed @Pavo getting and what they are running at when i am in windows. I do have multiple pci-e devices plugged in tho but i think this could be that the drives are currently formatted in ntfs? can any 1 confirm that that is the case or am i just going to have to back up a drive and format it to hfs or apfs to find out if that's the case or not.

With regards to usb3.0 have that working using a https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/?tag=tonymacx86-21 because the chip set is supported also tried my luck with a usb3.1 type a and type c card https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BEZ04Y6/?tag=tonymacx86-21 only 1 available on amazon because people on the forum saying that the ASM1142 chip set works oob and that its the same chip set that's on the card recommended in the buy's section https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G1E27Q8/?tag=tonymacx86-21 but no joy it didn't pick it up oob so i just pulled that to save my self a head ache (but if any 1 has any input with this that be amazing) and stuck with usb3.0 which is not all that bad but still would of been nice to have. Thanks again to @Pavo for the original efi folder to work off and every one else in the forum for all the input.

Attachments

• osx 10.13.6.jpeg
    osx 10.13.6.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 5k.jpeg
    5k.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 355
  • intel.jpeg
    intel.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 960.jpeg
    960.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 950.jpeg
    950.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
@Pavo Thanks so much for posting this! I was able to re-purpose this with my Dual E5-2670v1s.

I have a Z10PE-D8 WS dual Xeon with 10.13 i forget all the specs and I am not at it right now but i can update if anyone is interested. I used the x99 guide from KGP and it seemed to work for the C612 chipset, it actually got up and going pretty quick. i was first using some e5-2667v3 ES cpus, but switched them out to the e5-2698v4's (i think, they are 18 core CPUs ) i hit the 64 thread limit with them and either have disable a few cores or disable HT. it works OKish but i get random hard lockups after about 4-6 hrs of use, and just didn't have the patience to keep going after many days of trying to hammer it all out. If anyone has a good working dual C612 system i would love to know.......

@merkle what did you do to get your graphics finally working? Could you post your EFI? I assume I'm having issues with the lilu + nvidiagraphicsfixup kexts (which is now whatevergreen?)

My 1080TI is in the 5th slot so that wouldn't be my issue.

Any help would be great! I was happy on Sierra, but unfortunately some software stopped supporting it...

Quick update, got monitors up with that NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (couldn't figure out whatevergreen), now just struggling to get cpu power management correctly operational. I remember this being tricky when I upgraded to sierra and went with the mac pro 6,1 smbios because technically the sandy bridge chips aren't supported.

Any thoughts on how to properly run the ssdt gen script for these two cpus?

Looks like I figured it out! Similar to @krachbumms I needed to manually enter the AICPUPM patch in clover. Then I needed to generate an SSDT with the args -c 1 -p E5-2670. Now getting the same geekbench scores as I was under Sierra.

Quick update, got monitors up with that NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (couldn't figure out whatevergreen), now just struggling to get cpu power management correctly operational. I remember this being tricky when I upgraded to sierra and went with the mac pro 6,1 smbios because technically the sandy bridge chips aren't supported.

Any thoughts on how to properly run the ssdt gen script for these two cpus?

Nice i can still post my EFI if you think it will help you out, but in all its just a bit of a edited one of the original Pavo posted 5k ect and putting the 2 files i need in the folders and the card in the 5th slot.............. then boom it was working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back