Contribute
Register

Anyone got a Dual Xeon working on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this ssdt-1.aml loads fine
Clover shows it loads but look at kernel log and you will see that the kernel is not loading it.

How do you use that? If I click +, it only gives me an entry for GFX0.
Its not an automatic thing, you have to look at your original DSDT, which you can get by hitting F4 in Clover boot menu (you will not see any output but it works), it will be located in EFI>Clover>ACPI>origin after you boot back into the system. If you upload your DSDT I can provide you with instruction on how to use it in CC.

Unfortunately that's not true in my case. If I removed those patches and just check AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement I get a kernel panic on boot.
Interesting, those patches are exactly what Clover does, but oh well its not a big deal.

Do you run a NVMe in your system?
Yes I do and also have NVMeExpress.efi loaded into my firmware (flashed modded firmware to board) to have native NVMe boot ability.

Clover shows it loads but look at kernel log and you will see that the kernel is not loading it.
where can I see this? I checked the /var/log/system.log but couldn't find any hint there.

Its not an automatic thing, you have to look at your original DSDT, which you can get by hitting F4 in Clover boot menu (you will not see any output but it works), it will be located in EFI>Clover>ACPI>origin after you boot back into the system. If you upload your DSDT I can provide you with instruction on how to use it in CC.
attached. Thank you!! :)

Yes I do and also have NVMeExpress.efi loaded into my firmware (flashed modded firmware to board) to have native NVMe boot ability.
Nice! I got around this by booting EFI from a hdd. What model do you have? What are your transfer speeds in 10.13?
There is something wrong with my write speed. I got 1700kb/s on 10.12 but now it hovers around 600kb/s.

View media item 190561

Attachments

• origin.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 102
where can I see this? I checked the /var/log/system.log but couldn't find any hint there.
I have a script I use to dump kernel logs. See attached.

Nice! I got around this by booting EFI from a hdd. What model do you have? What are your transfer speeds in 10.13?
There is something wrong with my write speed. I got 1700kb/s on 10.12 but now it hovers around 600kb/s.
Sounds like your NVMe drive is running at 1x PCI Lane speeds instead of 4x. Do you have multiple PCI devices connected?
p3hi7d4.png

W5hldTV.png

To use the new rename tab in CC you open your DSDT and search for the device you want to rename, once you have it selected on the left side menu, look at the bottom of MaciASL it will give you the device "address".
ZJY4xKf.png

In this example I want to rename EUSB device in my DSDT to EH01 in CC it would look like this:
pgM3EFR.png

Attachments

• kernellog.sh.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 76
I have a Asus z9pe-d8 ws with 2x Xeon E5 2670 v2 10 core CPUs working perfectly with HS.
HYwNr0u.png

dIgrGh4.png
I have a very similar system on which I have installed 10.13.5, using your EFI folder as a template its working well with the notable exception of a USB triggered kernel panic on shutdown or reboot (this post is similar, I have attached the error output from my system - the offending devices vary but they're all USB 2 from what I can tell). USB 3 isn't working but I'm not necessarily bothered by that just now.

I'm using your patched SSDTs, with the exception of my recreated PM SSDT. I have removed your USB one and have installed USBInjectAll.kext until I can generate mine. The problem occurs whether I include your SSDT and not the kext or vice versa. I have left the port limit patch in and have added an extra two patches which I needed to fix IO problems with the onboard Intel SATA controller.

In the BIOS, XHCI is enabled, EHCI is disabled. All onboard USB ports are enabled, ASMedia 3.0 controller is enabled.

Have I missed something? I'd be grateful if you would cast your eye over it and let me know what you think. Thanks.

I have a very similar system on which I have installed 10.13.5, using your EFI folder as a template its working well with the notable exception of a USB triggered kernel panic on shutdown or reboot (this post is similar, I have attached the error output from my system - the offending devices vary but they're all USB 2 from what I can tell). USB 3 isn't working but I'm not necessarily bothered by that just now.

I'm using your patched SSDTs, with the exception of my recreated PM SSDT. I have removed your USB one and have installed USBInjectAll.kext until I can generate mine. The problem occurs whether I include your SSDT and not the kext or vice versa. I have left the port limit patch in and have added an extra two patches which I needed to fix IO problems with the onboard Intel SATA controller.

In the BIOS, XHCI is enabled, EHCI is disabled. All onboard USB ports are enabled, ASMedia 3.0 controller is enabled.

Have I missed something? I'd be grateful if you would cast your eye over it and let me know what you think. Thanks.
Update to my earlier post:
It seems to be a localised problem if devices are plugged into certain USB2 ports only, using different ones make the issues go away (there are 12 or more on this mobo). I presume one or more controllers is the root of the problem and I can hopefully identify exactly which one when I configure my USB SSDT.

Only thing not working now is wake from sleep - in that it doesn't. Makes lots of encouraging noises but fails to spring back into life - I shall do a bit more digging.

Yeah I have issues with USB 3 also, I decided to not worry about getting the on-board USB 3 controller working and just bought a native USB 3 PCIe card.

Hello every one i'v only just had time to mess around with the z9pe-d8 system again after sorting out a x79-up4 system still not much joy from last time i was working on it, iv managed to install 10.13.5 on the system using Pavo efi installs fine restarts boots up in to 10.13.5 fine just copied his efi folder to my installed drive's efi partition, picks every thing up bar the graphics. After another day of working on it again i installed the nvida web drivers have edited Pavo's efi attached in clover a bit with the settings that i think i need selected to get my gtx 1070 running and it to pick up the 5k monitor like i did for the x79-up4 system but that had a 1080ti in it and shows every thing correctly but still no joy just starts up and the screen go's black/ to power save mode like last time when i worked on it, so then i tried and drop the lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in to the Library/Extensions folder on the drive because the system is set as a mac pro6.1 as recommended from the Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems page https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/ still nothing, then i reinstalled again this time i set the system as a mac pro 5.1 installed the drivers restarted same again the screen go's black/ to power save mode. Is it a case that i have to have the graphics card in the 5th pci-e slot as per mentioned in some other posts and it will pick up or am i just missing something all together again any input is greatly appreciated thanks to all.

Attachments

• efi.zip
    26.8 MB · Views: 148
I have a Asus z9pe-d8 ws with 2x Xeon E5 2670 v2 10 core CPUs working perfectly with HS.
HYwNr0u.png

dIgrGh4.png
My Motherboard is z9pa d8 and RX480 graphic card,and i use your EFI to install 10.13.4, but block with white apple screen.

My Motherboard is z9pa d8 and RX480 graphic card,and i use your EFI to install 10.13.4, but block with white apple screen.
Which PCI Slot do you have your GPU in? Mine wouldn't work unless it was in Slot 5

Which PCI Slot do you have your GPU in? Mine wouldn't work unless it was in Slot 5

The Z9pa-d8 only has an x16 in slot 2 and 4. edit: 5 is only an x8 so can't have a full-sized card but I'm having the exact same issue as the previous post, black screen with white apple right after selecting install in clover

Other Bios Settings I'm using..

Speed Step = Disabled
Hyperthreading = Disabled
Internal USB = Disabled (just running the two on the outside for keyboard and flash drive)

Z9PA-D8
GTX1080
2x E5-2667v2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back