Contribute
Register

Anyone got a Dual Xeon working on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure that you will be able to use the nvidia GPUs for install since there is no web drivers. In CSM perameters you need the following:
Launch CSM=Always
Boot option filter=UEFI only
Launch PXE OpROM policy=UEFI only
Launch Storage OpROM policy=UEFI only
Launch Video OpROM policy=Legacy only
Other PCI device ROM priority=UEFI OpROM

So could I use the built-in VGA on the motherboard for install, then add the drivers for the 1080 afterwards?

So could I use the built-in VGA on the motherboard for install, then add the drivers for the 1080 afterwards?
How are you going to do that when your CPUs do not have built-in GPU on them? You should still be good with nvidia GPU but I would only try with 1 during install

Unfortunatelly clearly IMPOSSIBLE to have dual NVIDIA (maxwell, pascal etc) with mac os X.13
i tried a lot and found the fact that X.13 doesnt accept:
dual NVIDIA (whatever u do): black screen
single Nvidia: booting and installing X.13
single nvidia for installing then adding the second: black screen

forget it :(

How are you going to do that when your CPUs do not have built-in GPU on them? You should still be good with nvidia GPU but I would only try with 1 during install

hi i got back from a 24h shift and got back to it, Christomberlin i put Pavo efi to my usb's efi partition and it booted in to the boot loader straight away....nice a long way form where i was before started (if it doesn't boot try adding nvda_drv=1)

started installing bit of a problem when trying to select or get it to install on the ssd i had partition wise, went with the apfs in the end, which may of been a mistake because i seem to have problems trying to mount the efi partition form the ssd when i got it to install may go back and try again with hfs.

It installed fine restarted to my surprise it finished the install booted form the usb again and it started up, it pretty much picked every thing up both chips the full 128gb of ram network sound ect worked ofb apart from the usb3 and the graphics card, Pavo what settings did you use from multibeast for your post install did you get your usb3 to work.

I then went to install the nvidia drivers 387.10.10.10.30.106 restarted then it krapped out on me........ after installing the graphic drivers it starts the status bar goes 3/4 the way then it goes to like its going to load in the nothing the monitors go to sleep restarted 2 3 times same :( i'm thinking it's because i have installed any multibeast settings yet or the nvidia drivers didn't install correctly or i haven't set some thing correctly??? i stopped there......

started installing bit of a problem when trying to select or get it to install on the ssd i had partition wise, went with the apfs in the end, which may of been a mistake because i seem to have problems trying to mount the efi partition form the ssd when i got it to install may go back and try again with hfs.
Don't use a partition, use a whole disk. and 10.13.x will always use APFS on SSD drives unless you create your installer to op-out, which I do not recommend.

Pavo what settings did you use from multibeast for your post install did you get your usb3 to work.
I don't use multibeast, and USB 3 is iffy, sometimes it works, sometimes it does.

lol dang no 1 want's iffy usb 3's would i be better off then with some thing like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/?tag=tonymacx86-21 been reading that the FL1100 chipset is a bit more supported in 10.11+ as i kind of need usb 3 transferring massive files on usb 2 is not cool.

Pavo what did you use for your post install then, is it just a case of dropping your efi folder to my efi partition on the installed ssd like i did wiht the usb boot installer and has any 1 managed to get the nvidia drivers running on 10.13.4 with this setup is there more than just running the nvidia installer package to get it running. going to have a other go when i get some time this weekend thanks.

lol dang no 1 want's iffy usb 3's would i be better off then with some thing like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/?tag=tonymacx86-21 been reading that the FL1100 chipset is a bit more supported in 10.11+ as i kind of need usb 3 transferring massive files on usb 2 is not cool.
Yeah it sucks but you have to remember that this is an "OLD" board and chipset, most people are figuring out USB for newer systems and chipsets, until someone figures it out on the older ones then its a challenge.

Pavo what did you use for your post install then, is it just a case of dropping your efi folder to my efi partition on the installed ssd like i did wiht the usb boot installer and has any 1 managed to get the nvidia drivers running on 10.13.4 with this setup is there more than just running the nvidia installer package to get it running. going to have a other go when i get some time this weekend thanks.
I honestly don't have to do any post installation, because I do research on the components of my system before installing. Create needed SSDTs and make necessary adjustments to kexts and patches before. If I need to do any post installation stuff I do a complete reinstall after figuring everything out.

I've got everything working with a dual E5-2697V2.
EFI attached.
Only things that gives me grief is the slow speed/hang ups of my Samsung 960 Pro.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 377
I've got everything working with a dual E5-2697V2.
EFI attached.
Only things that gives me grief is the slow speed/hang ups of my Samsung 960 Pro.
A few things I noticed:
- You are dropping SSDT CPUPM table but have a ssdt-1.aml located in EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched, with you dropping that table, that patched CPUPM ssdt.aml isn't getting loaded.
- You have a SSDT.AML in EFI>Clover>ACPI folder when it should be located in EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched.
- You don't need any DSDT fixes that you have checked in your config.
- All the DSDT patched that you have for renaming devices in DSDT, Latest Clover Configurator has a new feature for Renames in a different tab and is more efficient.
- All the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement KextToPatch you have can be simpler with just check marking AppleIntelCPUPM.
- If you are using APFS I would not use the Trim patch. APFS has its own TRIM mechanic.
- You have Shiki.kext but no Lilu.kext, Lilu.kext is required in order for Shiki.kext to work.
- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is no longer needed since you are using AptioMemoryFix.efi in EFI>Clover>drivers64UEFI.

- You are dropping SSDT CPUPM table but have a ssdt-1.aml located in EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched, with you dropping that table, that patched CPUPM ssdt.aml isn't getting loaded.
this ssdt-1.aml loads fine

- You have a SSDT.AML in EFI>Clover>ACPI folder when it should be located in EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched.
this ssdt.aml isn't required, it's a leftover from testing

- You don't need any DSDT fixes that you have checked in your config.
ok, unchecked

- All the DSDT patched that you have for renaming devices in DSDT, Latest Clover Configurator has a new feature for Renames in a different tab and is more efficient.
How do you use that? If I click +, it only gives me an entry for GFX0.

- All the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement KextToPatch you have can be simpler with just check marking AppleIntelCPUPM.
Unfortunately that's not true in my case. If I removed those patches and just check AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement I get a kernel panic on boot.

- If you are using APFS I would not use the Trim patch. APFS has its own TRIM mechanic.
I am using HFS+J. I disabled the patch though, even when disabled it says trim enabled in the about report.

- You have Shiki.kext but no Lilu.kext, Lilu.kext is required in order for Shiki.kext to work.
added

- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is no longer needed since you are using AptioMemoryFix.efi in EFI>Clover>drivers64UEFI.
removed.

Do you run a NVMe in your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back