Contribute
Register

Anyone got a Dual Xeon working on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE, BIOS 1503, Clover UEFI
CPU
i9-7980XE OC 4.3 GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I have a very stable working Dual Xeon running Sierra.
Every time I try to upgrade I get an error (attached) though,
sounds familiar to anyone?

Best,
Markus

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 976
I have been trying for years now to install Mac OS onto a ASUS Z9PA-D8 for a daul Xeon system. I have tried mac OS 10.10 through 10.14 from USB, from DVD and have yet to even get to the actual Mac OS install screen. I am sure that so far that I invested hundreds of hours of my time in goal of an actual mac OS installation.

There are just so many, many, many, many options within the Clover boot options, especially the system options, and BOIS options.

Sad thing is, despite how hard I look for a full explanation of what each Clover boot options or System option does, there seems be little or no documentation on any of these what so ever. Perhaps if I had years with nothing to do but try the myriads of combinations possible, I might actually be successful. Setting BIOS is just as bad or worse as it seems there are way, way too many differences in each manufacture's BOIS and so many versions of as well for each manufacture and individual mother board type. I know there are guide line on certain things to check but, finding each one within each type, each manufacture, and each version of BOIS is externally time consuming. I have found that you much check each page of the bios, and each and every option possible to each thing to find what is recommended. The only exception to this is when someone post shot of the BOIS setting for a particular model of motherboard.

If anyone knows of where a full list of what the individual System Options within Clover do, this would be a great help to not only me but, all others as well. These are accessed via the button with the gears just to the right of the Clover Options in the Clover boot screen.

I have a Asus z9pe-d8 ws with 2x Xeon E5 2670 v2 10 core CPUs working perfectly with HS.

What are your clover settings? Can you please post your config.plist?

Hi, this is almost the exact same hardware config as my dual 2690 setup. Did you do anything special to the BIOS? I can't get to the Mac install screen. It goes dark and reboots once I hit "next" on the Clover screen.
Are you using Nvidia GPU? Are you using latest bios for the board? Also make sure you are also using CSM/Legacy booting because the bios UEFI doesn't load GOP from GPU correctly, its a known issue Asus refuses to fix.

Hello thanks for the update Pavo, i am currently looking at loading 10.13 on pretty much the same setup MB CPU only thing that's different is that i have a Nvidia Gtx-1070.

In regards to your advice Pavo and your posted efi settings will it just be a case like normal of dropping your efi settings to my efi partition on my 10.13.4/5 installer and then it will install and then i can install the current nvidia drivers multibeast audio ect

Or will it krap out because i am running a nvidia card, i can update the bios i'm not sure whats it on at the moment as i'm not currently near the rig and that whole CSM/Legacy booting thing took me a while to work that out pretty sure when i changed that i got to the point i am at now. like poor Christomberlin "I can't get to the Mac install screen. It goes dark and reboots once I hit "next" on the Clover screen."

Are you using Nvidia GPU? Are you using latest bios for the board? Also make sure you are also using CSM/Legacy booting because the bios UEFI doesn't load GOP from GPU correctly, its a known issue Asus refuses to fix.

So, I think I'm confused by your answer. Firstly, yes Nvideo graphics. Actually, 2 x GTX1080Ti cards. Latest BIOS for the board. If I switch CSM boot filter to Legacy only, I can't boot from the UEFI USB, which I need in order to use your working EFI zip package that you posted above. Can you set me straight here?

So, I think I'm confused by your answer. Firstly, yes Nvideo graphics. Actually, 2 x GTX1080Ti cards. Latest BIOS for the board. If I switch CSM boot filter to Legacy only, I can't boot from the UEFI USB, which I need in order to use your working EFI zip package that you posted above. Can you set me straight here?
I am not sure that you will be able to use the nvidia GPUs for install since there is no web drivers. In CSM perameters you need the following:
Launch CSM=Always
Boot option filter=UEFI only
Launch PXE OpROM policy=UEFI only
Launch Storage OpROM policy=UEFI only
Launch Video OpROM policy=Legacy only
Other PCI device ROM priority=UEFI OpROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back