Contribute
Register

Anyone got 10.8.3 running on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been running 10.8.3 on the UP5 TH with no real problems.

I'm not actually at home at the moment so I can't give you bios details right now I'm afraid but at least you know it 'should' work.

Interestingly I had a corrupted bios recently which meant the backup bios kicked in (F3 version), the computer booted fine from the F3 bios even though it appeared as if all the bios settings had gone back to their defaults. (ie.Default optimized settings). I say interesting because it was working for me even on a releatively 'unconfigured' bios so I'm really not sure why you're having problems if you've followed one of the guides on here.
You said 10.8.2 was working fine right? Odd, as there's no need for any difference in Bios setting between 10.8.2 and 10.8.3 as far as I'm aware.

For now I would try disconnecting the video card and try and see if you get any further using just the integrated graphics for now.

Finally - Yes you can do a clean install of 10.8.3 from a Unibeast USB installer. Lion or Snow leopard is not required in any way if using a Unibeast installer.

Just follow the usual steps to create the Unibeast USB installer making sure to re-download the OSX ML installer in the App Store so you have the latest 10.8.3 version of the installer.

I'll try and post my bios setting asap though I'm busy all this evening.

Good luck! :)

I've finally figured out the basic problem with my upgrade to 10.8.3. I have been using a second drive on ATA Port 1 to do the install (so my working version of 10.8.2 on Port 0 is kept intact).

I have been unable to get a boot from the new drive after Unibeast has installed 10.8.3.

I tried moving the drive to ATA Port 0, and I finally got the new drive to boot into OS X. I think this is a trap for beginners.....I never realised that you had to boot from ATA Port 0 on a new install.

Now to the Multibeast settings!

Thanks to those who made helpful suggestions.

Did u try it on HD4000 ? HD4000 doesn't seems to work..

Don't be so harsh. I had a working 10.8.2 installation and everything went to sh%t when I updated to 10.8.3. I have unsuccessfully tried multiple times to install 10.8.3.

I, too, would love it is someone would come up with instructions for a clean 10.8.3 installation. Or better yet, 10.8.4.

I am frigging tired of looking at this heap of expensive, useless hardware.

So...constructive comments would be appreciated

Rick

I've got a similar build: GA-Z77X-UD5H and a i7-3770. I've had numerous problems, but I'm running fine, now. I'm new at this, so bear with me.

You need to give us a clue of what is wrong. If, at the Chimera screen, you hit any key, then a dialogue box opens up below. If you type in some common commands, you can get started fixing this problem. Some common commands are: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicEnabler=No. Wait for the program to stop.

If it stops with text on the screen, then there is likely something wrong with your BIOS. Take a picture and post it here. The last comment on the screen is not usually the cause for the shutdown, look higher up the page. It may not be seeing your processor, or something in the BIOS is blocking things. BIOS problems are usually easy to fix. Especially, when you had the system running before.

If you get into the operating system in Safe Mode then run MultiBeast. Follow the 10.8 installation instructions for that. Try that first, before you do something exotic.

I followed your video and after installing Mountain Lion to my ssd, I could not boot from it without using -x. From there I installed MultiBeast with the settings you suggested and restarted my computer but it gets stuck at the white screen with the Apple logo and will not go to the desktop.

If you are using the on-board graphics VGA/DVI then you need to set the bootload flag
GraphicsEnabler=no (it is case sensitive)

If you are using a PCI graphics card then you need to set the bootload flag
GraphicsEnabler=yes

Hit the space bar or any other key when you see the Chameleon start screen to type in the command,
otherwise you will get stuck on the white screen/spinning gear. Once you get booted into ML, change the switch in the org.chameleon.bootlist plist in the Extras folder to whichever yes/no works for you.

Hope this helps, someone gave me this hint and then all was good.

Hey, I'm having a problem and I'm using the same mobo as you. I have an i5-2400 sandybridge. Here is the last few lines of text before it stops...:banghead:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    472.7 KB · Views: 100
I'm on the same set up 10.8.3 with the same gigabyte z77x, the only problem I'm having is the audio being disabled. Anyone have any tips to why this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back