Contribute
Register

Anyone Get HDMI Sound working on CustoMac Mini? (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i3-2120
Graphics
GT 430
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 mboard and ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1GB DDR3 video card recommended in Tony's CustoMac Mini blog post - everything is working except no sound through HDMI.

Read through the steps at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... ions.html.. tried all the Voodoo kexts in the Easy method and followed all steps in the advanced method and no go for me.

Has anyone gotten this working? o_O

Re: Anyone Get HDMI Sound working on CustoMac Mini?

AppleHDA 10.6.5 is not working for Nvidia cards. In MultiBeast 3.3, you can roll back to AppleHDA 10.6.2 and add ALC8xxHDA as described at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html.
When Multibeast finishes, patch the AppleHDA 10.6.2 as described earlier. Assuming your DSDT is edited properly, on board audio (Digital Out) and HDMI audio should be available in System Preferences.

Perhaps I've edited the DSDT incorrectly, 'cuz it's still not working. Is anyone out there willing to take a look and tell me where I screwed up?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 162

That still didn't work for me. :confused:

In another feeble attempt to try whatever possible, I went back to trying to load the VoodooHDA 0.2.56 kext - First time I got nothing but kernel panics. This time I get the screens I'm apparently supposed to see, but it's not working - The Digital Out is there but greyed out. Thoughts, anyone?

*UPDATE* :headbang:

After taking a mental health break and scanning the DSDT code in several posts, I found the problem (card address)... For anyone with the H55N-USB3 H5 motherboard and the Zotac 240 card I mentioned above, here's a DSDT and patched AppleHDA that should work fine for ya.

Thanks to savestheday, toleda and other folks for their help that enabled me to piece it together.

Attachments

• EnigmasDSDT.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
So now it seems u get hdmi sound with 5.1 on your customac...can u pls put the screen shot of u r audio out options screen and u r using vodoo or all in one hda 8xx kext...thanks

There ya go.

Install via iBootGE and then Multibeast 3 with the options posted in Tony's Multibeast screenshot thread for the H55N mboard using the DSDT I attached (this process includes the 8xx kext). Then install the patched AppleHDA I attached using KextBeast. Was good to go afterwards.

Screenshot says DisplayPort, but it's all working through HDMI.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-16 at 9.23.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-16 at 9.23.14 PM.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 367
thx for the info just wanted to know if you had to tinker with midi audio setup too or just the system sound output settings were good enough and did you get 5.1 or 7.1 on hdmi thx

Didn't have to tinker, and there really aren't any options to tinker with.. most settings are greyed out once I set it at HDMI output. I can't verify 7.1 because I've been too lazy to rip anything making sure to retain 7.1, I can, however, verify that 5.1 works just dandy.

thanks a lot as i was looking to get 5.1 audio over my gt 240 for htpc but it did not work for me here is what i did ibbot ge retail install update to 10.6.6 multibeast 3.1 with usual settings used you dsdt on desktop replaced applehda with your file no output found then i had to go back to multibeast to get audio working on optical out it shows only in stereo no 5.1.......thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back