Contribute
Register

Anyone freeze at LOG:EXITBS:START for JUST Big Sur but not Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H77-I
CPU
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Rules !!
Hey all.

So my build is Z490 Asrock itx build.

Not sure why, but it seems to freeze in the Big Sur installer but works fine in Catalina.

I'm using the latest build of required kext/open core, with a config similar to:
with some small adjustments.

Anyway, I followed the instructions in the dortania guide about this issue here: LOG:EXITBS:START
And followed them pretty closely to try and fix (I think I tried the combos all listed, but it's odd its Big Sur specific so I'm checking here).

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks.

I have the same issue and have not been able to solve yet

I have the same issue and have not been able to solve yet
Seems like you got yours fixed.

I notice z390 being mentioned as having memory allocation issues HERE. Do you know what fixed it, or was it mostly lucking out with someone else’s config?

I'm not sure what fixed it. But the differences in the configs and SSDT. Less and I believe more specific SSDT. Now only two when I had five before which is less than the Dortania guide say is required. The Device ID entries are very detailed and specific. Otherwise the general options chosen in OC Config are the same.
One other major change was updating my Bios to the very latest beta Bios. The latest release was what I had which was quite behind the new ones. I had 11c and went to 11k.

Good Luck

I'm not sure what fixed it.....

Good Luck

Alright, thanks. I have a different board so what got yours working doesn't necessarily help me anyway. I do think updating the bios is a pretty huge step and I should take a crack at mine. I've been avoiding it since I didn't build my SSDT files from scratch and I was under the impression they are bios specific.... but it's certainly an avenue worth considering.

I've been using my USB key as a backup of my legit config and then modding the EFI on my m.2 drive... but I'm realizing just keeping a backup of those files and using the USB stick for a testing config (with the debug version of opencore) probably makes more sense since I can at any point pull the drive and have my Hackintosh back to a working state. Might make me more apt to play around to since it's less work to get back to working order.

Thanks for the wishes.

Last edited:
Apparently they are Bios specific. As the SSDT provided that helped me he said were only valid for the Bios he supplied and newer.

Apparently they are Bios specific. As the SSDT provided that helped me he said were only valid for the Bios he supplied and newer.

Alright, good to know thanks.

I’ve lucky and found a way to get a little deeper into the boot process by (as my understanding) faking the cpuid using the cpu1id config.plist key.

I think it’s only necessary on comet lake cpus (pretty sure that scanning around I’ve picked up that comet lake support is iffy (maybe not at all!) in big sur and only was added recently to Catalina). Based on that I would assume they are faking the cpuid in order to trigger some earlier version of supported cpu (not sure how) but in order to add support.

Anyway. That’s probably not interesting to you, but I’m leaving it up in case someone else finds it helpful cause it felt like I searched forever to fix this out (lol).

Anyway , thanks again for the info. Anything helps.

Last edited:
You can try this config settings for Big Sur
Also this video author says
OpenCore 0.6.1
iMac20,1
csr-active-config = 4bytes 67000000
also need to set Arch=x86_64 or Any for kexts

Hey all.

So my build is Z490 Asrock itx build.

Not sure why, but it seems to freeze in the Big Sur installer but works fine in Catalina.

I'm using the latest build of required kext/open core, with a config similar to:
with some small adjustments.

Anyway, I followed the instructions in the dortania guide about this issue here: LOG:EXITBS:START
And followed them pretty closely to try and fix (I think I tried the combos all listed, but it's odd its Big Sur specific so I'm checking here).

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks.

had this issue with clover, switched to OpenCore and unchecked SetupVirtual something in booter/quirks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back